Have Albion Selecta saddles been dicontinued?

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
I heard from someone that these saddles have been discontinued and the Albion website no longer displays them. However, Frogpool Manor are still showing them for sale but by special order only :-/ http://www.frogpool.com/prodcat-1335.html
Please help! I was looking at these saddles for my horse (ideally wanted a second hand one) as i think they may fit my specification but now im totally confused! :(

Halfstep

Visit site
Having ridden a horse for a bit who came with one I'd say steer clear. It was a horrid saddle, neither flesh nor fowl, doing both jobs badly. :( If you are an eventer, get a good jumping saddle which does what it is supposed to do, and a wintec pro dressage which is actually a very competent saddle, or a older second hand passier which you can pick up quite cheap.

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Ahh thanks for the advice :) I'd ideally love a WOW saddle but I don't think my budget would stretch that far! :(
Halfstep, do you have any experience of the Kieffer 3000 dressage saddle?
The other option I had was one of those and a Kieffer Passau Jumping Saddle (if they're still available in the sale! :-/ ) or an Albion K2 jump saddle. Does anyone have any thoughts on these please? :)
Or can anyone suggest any other good, but non-expensive, jumping and dressage saddles? :)

Halfstep

Visit site
Ride in the Kieffer first, they don't suit everyone! Some people love them, some hate them. They tend to have a wide twist so little people like me don't get on so well with them. :) But they are ok saddles in general - newer ones are better. Don't hold their value so well. I rate Passier much higher.

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Great thanks :) Im 5ft9 and have fairly long legs :)
I wish my budget could stretch to a passier, but with a jump saddle on top...:( I do XC and SJ as well you see :)

charlimouse

Visit site
Depends what level you want the Albion K2 for. For smaller jumps upto Pre Novice it is ok. If you are looking to jump fences over 1.10m and larger XC especially when the drops get bigger it isn't so good. The cantle is Very high for a jumping saddle, and personally I don't get on with it, hence why if I can find another jumping saddle my horse likes I will probably change it.

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Depends what level you're eventing at, but three of my lot are in Selectas and I've never had a problem with them!!! Different saddles suit different people.

Just about to advertise one too, so PM me if you're interested.

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Thanks Charlimouse :) We compete at about 1m SJ and XC at the moment but bigger at home. Can't see myself competing above 1m10 out at shows though ;)
To be honest, i know they're meant to be but I find many of the jump saddles have too flat a seat and I don't feel very secure in them :-/

Doncella

Visit site
I have owned my Selecta for 12 years from new, bought it for the mare, had it reflocked to fit son.
Jump and dressage in it, present boy has a big jump, up and down drops, into out of water etc. No problems.