have anyone else put....

kibob

Visit site

I have
frown.gif
, probably going to have to put middleweights on tonight cos their lightweights are just soaked, horrible to have mud again
shocked.gif
but nice to see the grass growing at last.

showjump2003

Visit site
Nahhhh, they were already wet when I got home from town, can't rug them wet but if they start looking sorry for themselves I guess they will be coming in tonight!

sugarnspice

Visit site
Yup
frown.gif
, keep ummming and ahhing about putting one on him during the day but he is. Might be a good excuse to buy another rain sheet as his his drenched right now!

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Amber has a fleece on as I dont want her getting cold while she is recovering, and it gets quite chilly in the stables.

YO's TB has a LW rug on but all the others are nakey.

Think of putting a rug on Jethro though so his coat will come out LOL. He looks sooo scruffy.

WeeBrown

Visit site
Yes mine went out this mornign with one on because it was already raining and I read the forecast which said it was to be showers at various times during the day.

Kate_13

Visit site
Mine hasn't had one on for ages now! He does come in at night at the mo.

Once he is out 24/7 and it is still raining I might put one back on, but he is hardy enough and still has a thickish coat.

rema

Visit site
Yes after the post i made about getting my rugs off to be washed and mended i'm now eating my words.My lad is in a LW.My lovely grey horse is now a dirty shade of poo!.
grin.gif

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
yep Dan has lightweight on and Fleur a middle weight but thats only because her lightweight is soaked through and she doesn't have huge amounts of shelter in her field when rain goes in certain directions whereas Dan can hide in corner of two HUGE hedges!!

merlinsquest

Visit site
Yup.... lightweight fal during the day if raining and a fleece tonight as he got a bit sweaty when lunging and didnt want to leave him nakie incase he got a chill :-( Not normally anything at night as in though.

Tia

Visit site
What temperatures are you having at the moment? That was what always used to bug me about England; you'd get all your rugs ready to go to the cleaners after taking them off for the year....only to find a month or so down the line you had to dig them back out again.
crazy.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Yes, mine have had their turnouts back on today in the torrential rain and they have been wearing their lightweight rugs at night in their stables.

Chex

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
mine hasn't come out of rugs yet.
shocked.gif

they got lighter, and then a bit thicker again - but then he is a wimp.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine neither. He's had a few nights without a rug, but its barely got above 10 degrees at night, and its been back down to 3 or 4 at night now. He's had a mw full neck on at night with all this rain, and he wasn't impressed when I took it off to put his lightweight on this morning!

debbielinder

Visit site
mines never had hers off been in just a summer sheet tho but shes had her fleece back on the last week she feels the cold quite a lot. and sulks if she gets cold

GlamourDol

Visit site
Dol has her big stable rug back on, she doesnt go out if it is cold or raining. I put her on the walker this evening, as it was reasonably warm!
Apparently she was cold this morning, so i may put a thermatex on as well.
Silly old thing, shes so soft.

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Cropi had been naked for weeks, day and night but since last weekend she has had a l/w on at night and during the day if its been raining. Tonight she was a bit cold under her rug so I have put a fleece on under her l/w, its so damn cold. We have gone from 23c during the day to 15c with howling north east winds and pouring rain
shocked.gif
the rain is fine but can we have some southerly winds and a degree or two warmer please
grin.gif