Have you ever offered money for a horse?

dieseldog

Visit site
Have you ever walked up to a stranger or someone you know after seeing their horse, which is not for sale and offered them money for it?

Did they say yes or no?

Did you offer the market value or a lot more?

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Wish I had the balls to do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish I had the money to do it
wink.gif

I have seen a couple out competing that I'd like too, but if I had the dosh I'd spend it on my muppet first.

Irishcobs

Visit site
I quite regularly offer people money for their horses, usually what I have in my pocket at the time, about a tenner! For some reason they don't take me seriously.
tongue.gif

I wish I had the money to be able to walk up to some and offer X for their horse.

c7mlm

Visit site
yes once at merrist wood, the lady was in her 60's and had the most genuine horse. she could not ride and he was getting her out of allsorts of trouble. she said i would sell for £12k . he was nice but not that nice

dieseldog

Visit site
We made our friend do it at a show once - but the pony was only £800 so I don't think that counts really.

And the Photo_synergy guy offered Sarah £1,500 for Spot
tongue.gif

Eira

Visit site
My old YM has , she offered a gentelman double what his horse's market value was . He didn't accept . 2 weeks later she saw him again and he accept the offer
smile.gif
smile.gif
Obviously had seen a little sense (as he had two horses and this one was his 'spare')
crazy.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
The vet that vetted pickle for us offered us £1000 more than we were going to pay for him! but we had spent 10 months trying to find the perfect horse so refused

cashter

Visit site
No, but have had someone offer me money for my horse!! That was just from seeing her across the fields from her yard to mine!!

Nudibranch

Visit site
No but I should have once and have regretted it ever since. Local "farmer" had a load of clyde crosses, coloured cobs and so on that he used to breed indiscriminately for the meat trade. But he had a beautiful foal born and I watched it grow up into a stunning 2 yo coloured, amazing paces and such classic conformation - good bone but tall and graceful (imagine a coloured Friesian!). Stupidly I never plucked up the courage to offer the cash - in my defence he had once threatened to shoot one of my horses because his sheep had broken in to MY field and she was chasing them, and was the local violent scumbag with various counts of abh, gbh and so on.
ANYWAY I regret to this day missing my chance, I only hope someone spotted that colt for what he was and gave him a decent life.
frown.gif

DipseyDeb

Visit site
Yes, my 1st mare was in a field with 2 CB brood mares (she was a straggly 2 yr old TB so was dewarfed by them.) I found out who owned her, phoned him and asked if he would sell her, her agreed and that was that!!!
grin.gif

Stella

Visit site
I haven't, but I would be happy to do it. Someone once said that this had happened to her and that she was very offended. I told her that IMO, its a compliment. I'd never sell my mare, but I like it when she is admired and if someone offered me money for her, I just consider that putting their money where their admiration was
smile.gif

digger2

Visit site
Yes if i had the money and was looking to buy and thought I'd seen the right one i would

had it happen twice to me once for a horse i was riding for a friend, it was an open cheque book, she said no. but he was her pet, at the time i'd have snapped his hand off but now the horse was doing all that was asked of him very well so why sell and have to find the same?

second time a guy we knew said if we ever got fed up of the horse to let him know - he def was not for sale at any price

suzyseymour

Visit site
I have never offered money for a orse, but I have twice been offered money for my hunter by the same person, but she's not for sale, she is stuck with me I'm afrid.