Have you or would you consider buying a horse with one eye?

welshchick

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I saw a one eyed horse at Gatcombe last year- Briarlands Blackberry, can't remember who was riding him. It looks a bit odd when you see this great empty socket (even though the skin is over it) but he was obviously fine to event at that level. Not sure how I'd feel about buying one...might put me off a bit, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tristram Owers is BB's rider.

Stinkbomb

goldenoakmochachino.blogspot.com
I have never had any experience of a horse with one eye....... but........ i only have one eye. I lost it in 2005 and i would consider buying a horse with one eye. One because i would probably feel for it as i know how it feels!!! and two i know that eventually it will adapt itself and lead a near but perfect normal life. It would also depend on when the horse lost its eye. If it was recent it would need time to adjust and many things would be taken into consideration, too many to mention. but if you have the time and patience i believe it would pay off. On the other hand if it had been without an eye for a long time then it would have already adjusted and will not remember anything else. Im sure it would be just as much fun as a two eyed horse.