Have you picked a horsey in the Grand National?

scrunchie

Visit site
Mine is Becauseicouldn'tsee. Apparently it's not very good at jumping but I put a pound on it anyway because I liked the name. :)

Ranyhyn

Visit site
I have backed 4 :) this year I haven't studied form, or tried to take tips. I've just put money on quite randomly, if I like their colours or their name :D
Good luck to the field, come home safe :)

Flame_

Visit site
Yeah, I've just done it after an epic failed attempt to re-register with Ladbrokes, I've found a bookies that will let me throw away my money. :D

Neptune Equester - Has nothing to recommend it except carries low weight and if it did win, I'd get loads of money.

Quiscover Fontaine - Has a stupid, unpronounceable name, and usually the winners have stupid names.

:eek: :D Its the National, they've got as good a chance as any of them!

Jesstickle

Visit site
I have a tenner each way on According to Pete. I would normally have more than one but I'm a bit brasic this month!

Good luck everyone :)

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I havnt had a bet but 2 that jump out are me are According To Pete who Ive always loved and Treacle(just have to love that name) and if I was to pick a 3rd it woud be last years winner Ballabriggs.

scrunchie

Visit site
I have a tenner each way on According to Pete. I would normally have more than one but I'm a bit brasic this month!

Good luck everyone :)

we only ever put a pound on to win. It's a bit of a family tradition. The kids all pick a horse each. My youngest has picked Viking Blond who is 125-1! She's going to be richest one out of us if he wins!

Hubby has picked Junior because I am pregnant and due on Tuesday. Baby had better not come before the race today or I shall be insisting on watching the race during the birth! :D

I just hope the horses all get around safely and that the BBC aren't going to refer to any casulties as "objects" like they did last year. :mad:

Umbongo

Visit site
I've never betted before. Thought I would have ago although no idea what I'm doing!
I've gone for Seabass and Chicago Grey.

Jesstickle

Visit site
Seabass is a good sound bet Umbongo so you obviously have some idea!

scrunchie- when I was a kid I was allowed to do exactly the same and I loved it. I hope you guys get a winner :)

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
I have a really good record with the national as I watch quite a bit of NH racing. Got first and third last year <nice>

This year Im not quite so confident but am having a fiver each way on Ballabriggs, Giles Cross (altho the ground might not suit) and According to Pete as his trainer is a 'little guy' and he has a big white blaze so I can see him when he refuses the first...he's not very big....but the odds are better than with the other two.

I like horses who are proper National physiques, big and rangy (tho did win with Amberleigh house too, but then it had the McCain magic), ones who have won or placed in Welsh Nationals and over in Ireland. And if theyve tipped up before over the National fences, unless brought down, I forget it. Nothing under 8 or over 12 years old, and nothing top weight.

TelH

Visit site
I have picked 4... Neptune Collonges because he deserves a big win. Shakalakaboomboom, useful horse but this race could possibly be a year too soon for him. Killyglen and Cappa Bleu because I think they both have a decent chance :)

People who have picked Neptune Equester, he is carrying a low weight but because he is out of the handicap and the minimum weight is 10st he is actually carrying 5lb more than he should be, so is sort of worse off than the others.

Flame_

Visit site
People who have picked Neptune Equester, he is carrying a low weight but because he is out of the handicap and the minimum weight is 10st he is actually carrying 5lb more than he should be, so is sort of worse off than the others.

LOL, so he's not even got that going for him. :eek: Maybe he'll show everyone who doubts his greatness..... :cool: :rolleyes:

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
i have put on Synchronised because he is just stunning with his big white blaze, also on Seabass because of female rider, on Shakalakaboomboom because his name is awesome, on Junior because he sounds sweet and finally on Chicago Grey because I just had to bet on at least one grey!

Allowed myself £10 of bets so ha £2 each on the five horses. Never put a bet on before so should make this years race a little more interesting (even if i do hold my breath at every fence!)

Carefreegirl

Visit site
No :( waiting for a nice big juicy vets bill to land on my hall mat so thought best not lose £20. Hubby has bet on half the field..... He gets a bit over excited bless him.

NU ABO

Visit site
We've bet on Ballabriggs to win. He's been trained for this race specifically, I think he's got a chance ^_^
Chicago Grey, On His Way, Neptune Collonges and According to Pete to be placed :D

PollyP

Visit site
I've got my money on Shakalakaboomboom! Had a bet on this horse before and he went nicely! Hubbys got money on sunny hill boy as a bit of an outsider!
I'm another that holds my breath at every fence! Hope they all come home safely!

LadyRascasse

Visit site
between me and my OH we have backed 10 horses :eek: I have bet 50p EW on On His Own, Seabass, According to Pete, Neptune Collenge and Postmaster. My bet £1 on the nose on Ballabriggs. In my works sweepstake I have Junior and Becauseicouldn'tsee and my OH has Giles Cross and Alfa Beet.

Nothing like hedging your bets.

I just hope they all come home safe

mandwhy

Visit site
Chicago Grey, Midnight haze (nice long odds!), Cappa Bleu, and Seabass as it could be the first lady jockey winner! Girl power!! I am excited now. Total of £11 what a big spender I am this year :)