Havens Slobbermash - Amounts to feed??

Lulabella

Visit site
Posted in here as was recommended to me by some of you guys as an alternative to Winergy High Energy.
Just managed to locate some yesterday, bought it, but it doesn't appear to say how many scoops or weight to feed on the bag? Just says one part feed to one part water.
I know these things are always guess work but just wondering if anyone has any idea? For a 15hh cob.

Lulabella

Visit site
Brill, thanks. I started with 1 small scoop yesterday (think its equivalent of 1/3 a stubbs scoop) so will see how I go with that. We do eventing etc so need a bit of oomph, just hoping it doesn't fatten him up too much.

showjump

Visit site
Yes id agree with prince33sp4rkle. However ive always fed slobermash for weight gain without energy so will be interesting to see how you get on...

Charmin

Visit site
Another who feeds for weight gain and general condition as well as energy in the hunters, fabulous stuff but I wouldn't use it in the summer on my not so trim eventer.

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
seems to affect diff horses in very diff ways....i purposely bought it to buzz up my very lazy boy and its worked a treat, and 2 clients used it for energy too at small volumes.

I know equal amount of people who find it buzzes them up and those that dont, think it depends how each horse digests the cereals.

Charmin

Visit site
well apparently it's marketed as racing feed? so I reason it must give a bit of oomph.

interestingly, given the ingredients, it's seemed good for horses with or prone ulcers too.

pootleperkin

Visit site
My lad was seriously lacking in energy at the start of the spring. He was put onto a combo of winergy conditioning and high energy, plus a half ration of stud balancer (so that I didn't have to feed the huge, wallet sapping amounts of equilibrium that are recommended), then I managed to get my hands on slobbermash too, and he has now put on the top line he was missing and has so much more energy - all good! I have now cut his feed right back, but he is still getting about two stubbs scoops of slobbermash and equilibrium a day split between three feeds, plus red cell and the balancer. I'm not sure which feed sorted him, but he is happy, relaxed and working well on what he is getting now, so will continue with it! It all seems to be coming together in time for BD regionals at Fry's - fingers crossed!

CaleruxShearer

Visit site
Slobbermash is great stuff, I feed it to my 16.3hh warmblood novice eventer over the winter (October to April ish). I use it to keep the weight on him and because it's very high in oil and fed as a mash it's very digestible which is perfect for mine, as colicking (usually over Christmas week or some such ideal time!) is his favourite thing to do! I feed 2 scoops a day over 3 feeds (Stubbs scoops of mix to a scoop of water) and I feed it as a complete feed, just add in his cortaflex.

Nannon

Visit site
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but have been doing some research into what possibilities I have feeding wise and this stuff came up a few times! However I can't seem to find it anywhere - where can you buy it from?'