Having a horse on loan

katesmith22

Visit site
I am considering responding to an advert about a horse for full loan.
I've had weekly riding lessons for most my life and have shared a horse for about three years now but have sadly never owned a horse. The original idea of the share was for me to get more experience of horse care and stable management before considering purchasing my own horse.
I've now seen a horse advertised for full loan in my local area. He is advertised as being a calm all rounder type who is well behaved which would be what I'm looking for with never having loaned/owned before.
I've never considered loaning before but am now thinking this could be a good next step for me.
Just wondered what kind of experiences people who have loaned before have had? Would you do it again or do you think I'm better waiting and carrying on with my share and maybe getting my own horse in the future.
Would be really nice to hear peoples experiences
Thank you

GlamourDol

Visit site
I think you should ring up and have a chat. As you've never owned your own it may work better for you as you will still have the owner to ring if any issues happen.

Exciting times! ��

Michen

Visit site
Personally wouldn't do it again but only because I fell in love with mine and had to give him back. I knew I would but it still just about broke my heart!

katesmith22

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Think I will give the lady a call tomorrow to get a bit more info.
Hopefully it will be a good way to ease myself into horse ownership whilst knowing I have the owner for help if need be.
You just hear so many horror stories about loans going wrong online and stuff which was why I felt a tad apprehensive. Hopefully I will be able to get a feel for whether they are decent people anyway and I would insist on a contract...
Anyway still in early stages at the moment so fingers crossed

tubby1

Visit site
My daughters pony is on loan, it works brilliantly for us . We have used the BHS loan agreement which is very helpful .

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I am considering responding to an advert about a horse for full loan.
I've had weekly riding lessons for most my life and have shared a horse for about three years now but have sadly never owned a horse. The original idea of the share was for me to get more experience of horse care and stable management before considering purchasing my own horse.
I've now seen a horse advertised for full loan in my local area. He is advertised as being a calm all rounder type who is well behaved which would be what I'm looking for with never having loaned/owned before.
I've never considered loaning before but am now thinking this could be a good next step for me.
Just wondered what kind of experiences people who have loaned before have had? Would you do it again or do you think I'm better waiting and carrying on with my share and maybe getting my own horse in the future.
Would be really nice to hear peoples experiences
Thank you
You could buy and you get a sharer to help you, to help.