Having had my best friend PTS after 20yrs

jules9203

www.pensdellequestrian.org.uk
20 yrs ago a little 5yr old TB x pony mare arrived. Meant as a project as she was cheap due to various issues. She went on to do whatever I wanted and more. She taught me so much and we had a lot of fun. Yesterday aged 25 her digestive system decided to stop working and we said goodbye. I'm 56 and been involved with horses and animals all my life and I have never been able to be there when one of my pets are pts. I can for anyone else's but not mine. Until yesterday. I was there at the end and calm. I'm so glad I was.

Maxidoodle

Visit site
I’m so sorry for your loss, they leave such a hole in our hearts, I had to have my little 33yr old PTS last year and had him 15yrs, he was my world, we went through so much together, so I know how you feel. I’m sorry to use a cliche but time has definitely helped me, it’s raw for a long time though, so be kind to yourself, you’ve given her an amazingly long life of love and care and I hope that can give you some comfort. x

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
So sorry, I hope the pain fades in time and you can remember the good times you shared.