Having horses back checked - Staffordshire

EmmaB

Visit site
Has anyone got any reccomendations of who I can get out to have my horses back checked?
Not sure if I should be looking for physio or chiro, I just want it checked out as he evades and goes hollow and although my vet says his back is fine, I'm just not so sure!

So any suggestions, and prices if you can, would be great!

Dizzydancer

Visit site
I use genevieve (sp) Joyce she is osteo but amazing fixes my tb back regularly when he isn't moving well.
She also travels to bahrain and other places treating royal race horses and polo ponies.
She is always makes my lad better when he just isn't moving right.
She has a website if you Google her.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Emma Dainty, she's been out to me in Staffs though I don't know how far she goes. She's a veterinary physio and I wouldn't use anyone else. Always worked on my horses & I can't rate her highly enough. Never claims to work miracles like many of them do and she's honest about what work the owner/rider needs to put in to sort out problems, or how(if) you need to change the way the horse is being worked and so on.

I've seen some people get "back people" out time after time with no discernible improvement whereas Emma will be honest and tell you to get the vet if needed rather than keep treating.

DifficultMare

Visit site
After a few hit and miss people, have since always used WeaverHouse Clinic - based in Cheshire but they work all around the country. Adam is fantastic!

soulfull

Visit site
Anna hindley is fantastic. Had her for years. Is fully qualified and very experienced Chiro. She is who most on intelligent horesmanship site recommend too
Emma dainty is also a good physio

lamlyn2012

Visit site
I would recommend Emma Dainty. She was part of the physio team at the olympics.
If you need a Chiro I would try anna fox from telford. She is excellent too. Sometimes you may need to use a chiro followed by a physio, depending on the problem.

EmmaB

Visit site
Thanks everyone! I'll look into the people suggested. I have actually heard of Emma Dainty before come to think of it and seems to be a lot of people saying good things about her so may give her a call :)

SheadonSaffron

www.facebook.com
Either physio, osteo or Chiro is fine, as long as they are well qualified and the way that they work suits you and your horse. I'm on maternity leave until May but have Alison O'Dochartaigh (osteo) and Amy Gilbert (Chartered Physio, same as Emma Dainty) working with me. I agree that a vet will assess a back (and the rest of the horse) differently from a physical therapist, so good plan to call someone.
Sue

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Another vote for Emma Dainty. She is very thorough and really takes time getting horses history, assessing movement etc before she even touches them.