Hay bags for stable - recommendations ?

Spangles

Visit site
Needs to have capacity for overnight hay,
Looking at Haygrazer bags but pricey & out of stock.
Looking for kinder option on lips & teeth.
Horse scoffs quickly so thinking a bag with webbing holes hung up would be a good compromise

Otherwise

Visit site
I have a haygrazer bag, it's about 6 months old and already one of the webbing straps has come apart from the top so the hole is bigger, can't say I'd recommend it.

paddi22

Visit site
I always wondered about those pillows. I had been looking into getting them but

-is the mesh on both sides? if it's not, what happens if it flips to the wrong side?
- if it is on both sides, what happens if the horse drags it across a load of poo, do they just not eat that side?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I have a haygrazer bag and is haygrazer play. They've lasted reasonably well though one strap has detached, they are a couple of years old. I like the mesh underneath so dust falls out but hay doesn't.

However I don't find them big enough to hold as much as I need for a big horse. They take up too much space to put 2 in on the same ring as you would with a haynet. You can't stuff them full as then they don't close properly and a clever horse puts his nose in the sides. I also found they didn't slow my horse down much once he'd worked out the technique.

I've gone back to haynets, I use martnets, and use the haygrazers when tying up outside or away from home to save on mess.

Kahlua

Visit site
I like the Lemieux Showkit Tidy bags. I thought the webbing might be too thick and holes might be too large however the horses haven’t had an issue with them at all. We soak some hay so soak in a normal netted bag and then swap over but they do also have small holes at the bottom if you need.