Hay Bags

Asha

Visit site
Having a bit of a nightmare finding a way to feed Haylage in the stable for a couple of the horses .
I’ve moved all mine to the nosebagz ( see photo of black haybar type .
All good apart from 2 of the girls . They just rip them down within minutes and end up with Haylage all over the stable . One of the girls poos and wees in the Haylage .
Haynets are a no go as my ridden mare has a habit of pawing at them and then getting her shoe caught in them. ( I won’t tie them high as I want to feed them in a natural position )
Has anyone tried the blue ones ? Are they any good ?
Haybars are a no go as these girls will put there legs in them and I don’t want them getting stuck .

Any ideas gratefully received . Thanks

Attachments

• 501381E7-44AE-47E5-83E9-8FCE17D733BA.jpeg
    501381E7-44AE-47E5-83E9-8FCE17D733BA.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 9
  • FA155544-6ECC-4EA0-9132-E4322154990A.jpeg
    FA155544-6ECC-4EA0-9132-E4322154990A.jpeg
    804.1 KB · Views: 9

Bernster

Visit site
I’ve got two that are the style of that haynet, the shires and the le mieux one. Shires has slightly larger holes and horse seems to find it a bit easier to use. The le mieux ones are so small they seem to put them off I use them for travelling to try and reduce the mess and I’d say neither is popular! My horses tend to eat out the top of them and have gone on strike using the actual hay net bit.

Have you looked at the haylo feeder or those bucket type ones which can be secured to the stable? Haygain do a similar type. My horse is a destructicon and has managed to damage the haylo feeder which is pretty impressive as it’s quite sturdy. It still works as a secured hay bucket though, I just can’t use the lid which is supposed to slow him down ?

Asha

Visit site
I’ve got two that are the style of that haynet, the shires and the le mieux one. Shires has slightly larger holes and horse seems to find it a bit easier to use. The le mieux ones are so small they seem to put them off I use them for travelling to try and reduce the mess and I’d say neither is popular! My horses tend to eat out the top of them and have gone on strike using the actual hay net bit.

Have you looked at the haylo feeder or those bucket type ones which can be secured to the stable? Haygain do a similar type. My horse is a destructicon and has managed to damage the haylo feeder which is pretty impressive as it’s quite sturdy. It still works as a secured hay bucket though, I just can’t use the lid which is supposed to slow him down ?

i havent heard of the hayflo, will have a look at those now. Thanks Bernster.
Its funny as both mares are by the same stallion, i wondering if its a trait.. they like to use their front legs to destroy things:D:D