Hay bar?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’m doing up my stables. One horse drags his hay round his bed.
He had wet hay and I don’t want it dripping gown my freshly painted walls ?
Would a hay bar be a smart option? Not sure if they are just another expensive bit of horsey plastic or if he’d just drag it all and round the bed anyway!
Are they really that great wind wise? I know it’s classed as eating from the floor but it’s also breathing in a confined space if a horse has its head permanently stuck inside one.
Yes or no?

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I have one horse who pulls the hay out from the gap between the base of the hay bar and the floor and another who empties all the hay out on to the floor but I would always choose a hay bar over a net.

Evie91

Visit site
I have an unused hay bar - bought it and no longer require it, as don’t have a horse at home!
They are quite deep and solid and I worried about horse breathing in dust whilst eating out of a confined space - if that makes sense! Share horse has mix of hay net and eating from the floor or bucket- she picks the hay out of her bed. Considered the hay bar for her but decided against due to reason mentioned.

The Jokers Girl

Visit site
I use a very heavy wooden box for mine whose not allowed a net, physio advise. Her hay is soaked in a net and drained and then tipped in, as its much roomer than a hay bar 60x 60 x 90 oblong it's not as confined for breathing. She doesn't drag the hay out

Mynstrel

Visit site
Our two who eat off the floor have the biggest trug we could buy fastened the the wall by one handle. It's not perfect but does stop a lot of hay ending up in their bed, and only cost about £15 per stable so not much lost if it didn't work.