Hay containers for the field?

onemoretime

Visit site
article-2024460-0D6086DF00000578-727_634x474.jpg

colt_in_tire.jpg

foal_in_tyre.jpg

I know these have been posted before but I think it should be repeated when the suggestion of tractor tyres comes up. Only the grey was able to be rescued.

OMG you . wouldn't think they would be deep enough for a horse to get in!!

foxy

Visit site
I have 2 square metal boxes which I got off facebook, I wish I had got more and they are fab. They are heavy enough they don't get pushed around by the horses but light enough to move.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
article-2024460-0D6086DF00000578-727_634x474.jpg

colt_in_tire.jpg

foal_in_tyre.jpg

I know these have been posted before but I think it should be repeated when the suggestion of tractor tyres comes up. Only the grey was able to be rescued.
OMG I have never seen these before. How sad.

As I can't get up in the morning to my horse I just use a tub and fill with damp hay the night before and put a large tub over the top of it to keep dry. My horse has been taught to push it over with her nose when she is turned out in the morning.

Sir barnaby

Visit site
Hi I use a builders mortar bucket the white plastic type I can fill it enough for two big horses no waste and can be hosed clean and easy to move about. They are expensive new but eBay often have them there is one on now no: 174105742122 if they happen to be in your area as they are usually pick up only.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Hi I use a builders mortar bucket the white plastic type I can fill it enough for two big horses no waste and can be hosed clean and easy to move about. They are expensive new but eBay often have them there is one on now no: 174105742122 if they happen to be in your area as they are usually pick up only.

Oh, now there's an interesting idea.
How stable are they? Do you have to secure them to something to stop them being pushed over?