hay in abundance!??... Really!???

JillA

Visit site
I "sold" 20 bales of top quality haylage a few weeks ago. The purchaser has not turned up to collect, let alone telephoned to tell me he doesn't want them any more, and in the meantime I have turned people away. Guess who won't be supplied by me next year!;)

I still have enough haylage hestons to last me at least one more winter - several people have said they will buy a certain number, then I don't hear any more from them. TBH I won't keep it for them without at least a deposit, same as selling horses, it's the person who puts the cash in your hand who gets the goods. Talk is cheap!

My hay fields still need mowing though so I am planning to make small bale hay and sell it off the field this year - transport is the problem with big wrapped bales. If anyone in this part of the world (NE Shropshire) wants to come and check them out when they are made, PM me. Doubtful whether it will be June hay though, it is barely 6" high at the moment.

soltydog

Visit site
Got plenty in east yorks just been offerd some for £2 and some for £1 per bale. Going to get it for winter I will soak it if its gone dusty. Mine are all good doers anyway.

HardySoul1

Visit site
We're north Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire border. Plenty of hay last winter but quality lower. My supplier usually has lovely stuff but he just couldn't get it as nice with the atrocious weather. When I saw him a few weeks he was dropping price from £4 to 3.50 to empty his barns. Another local guy still selling at £4, his bales are very heavy.
We're going to buy a bit extra to help if grazing gets scarce and to use in autumn.

honetpot

Visit site
For hay near Peterborough try Facebook Horsepoo(Cambridge) or Horses for sale in Huntingdon, there are a couple selling one I think is at Helpston.