Hay pillow or ground hay nets?

Jxmxg

Visit site
I just bought a cob gelding and he will be in a small paddock for a week when he arrives at his new livery before going to a a larger grazing feild. Everyone has hay nets on the fence for the horses, but I don't like horses eating with their head held high as its unnatural. I'm looking for a hay pillow or something similar but the only ones I can find have really tiny holes, don't want him to struggle getting the hay but also don't want his feet getting caught. Any suggestions?

paddi22

Visit site
I have one I have to feed from the ground due to medical issuers and I cut holes in the bottom of a wheelie bin and attach them to fences and walls. it works really well, is really easy to feel, keeps it dry and stops wastage.

Jxmxg

Visit site
Good news, I am allowed to put it on the ground as long as I clean up any mess. Maybe an old small trye will work well for ground feeding with no mess x

Summit

Visit site
I have one I have to feed from the ground due to medical issuers and I cut holes in the bottom of a wheelie bin and attach them to fences and walls. it works really well, is really easy to feel, keeps it dry and stops wastage.

I use this method too, no waste and keeps hay dry