Hay shortage in kent

kylie88

Visit site
Im in medway area of kent and 2 hay suppliers have run out!! Has anyone else got this problem and if anyone knows of anyone that still has plenty please let me know, it will be much appreciated
Thanks

zoeshiloh

www.stowmarketanddistrictridingclub.com
In Suffolk - most hay suppliers have run out. We get our haylage from a local farmer, and he put 100 bales aside for us at the start of the season (big round bales). He had almost 300 bales, and has completely sold out. My OH was approached by someone last week asking him to source hay for them, they were willing to pay £4.50 a bale for small bale hay!

251libby

Visit site
I've just paid £4.50 a bale for small bale hay, I know I'm a mug but I cant find another supplier willing to deliver :S

kylie88

Visit site
Oh god really!! You hear rumors every year there might not be enough but this is the first year ever they actually have run out!

LadyRascasse

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I've just paid £4.50 a bale for small bale hay, I know I'm a mug but I cant find another supplier willing to deliver :S

[/ QUOTE ]

i can give you a hay supplier for £3.50 a bale but you will have to buy at least 20 bales for him to deliver, pm me if you are interested.

i buy haylage and my suppler has put aside 150 bales for me at the start of the season and i have about 50 left, he still has more i can have. but he does limit his customers to owners of horses rather than YO wanting hundreds of bales at a time.

Mooch

photobucket.com
I've advertised some great hay on Ebay for a friend of mine.

He got a call from someone in Essex yesterday and they are sending up a HGV to collect everything he has!
shocked.gif