Hay shortage: what are you going to do?

OWLIE185

Visit site
We have had a good crop of hay this year. We are in Hertfordshire. We have regular customers that buy it off the field each year. This saves us having to transport and store some of it.

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I hate peas too - can't eat a meal if there's any on the plate
blush.gif

We don't seem to have a problem round here with haylage (never feed hay). The first cut was later than usual due to the very late spring but people are doing a second cut now.

sham

Visit site
We have a shortage up here *rolls eyes*
Currently at £4.50 for last years hay, and we've only found one place (after driving round for 4hours!) that has some, and we're currently buying him out!
Farmers havent managed the second cut either this year.

We'll be stocking up on Wrightpak haylege as of next week.

Doublethyme

Visit site
I've heard rumours of hay shortage down here in the South East, but then we have had no proper rain for ages and the fields are brown brown brown, so would very much doubt if anyone has got a 2nd cut off any fields around.

Not too worried as YO cut some from her fields this year and I usually use large bale haylage anyway in a club with other liveries.

Horseymum

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have heard theres gonna be a pea shortage
shocked.gif
but not hay
confused.gif
And no, I don't know why peas are going to be in shortage
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god for that I hate PEAs
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Plenty of hay round here but I have heard there is going to be a brussel sprout shortage - if anyone wants my portion from my Christmas lunch feel free!
grin.gif