Hay suppliers near Frome ?

zandp

Visit site
I've moved yards and now need to buy my own hay. Does anyone know of any decent hay suppliers (hay being decent, not necessarily the supplier
smile.gif
) near Frome ?

montygti

Visit site
We get excellent hay from a local farmer who owns a plant nursery in westwood. Do you want delivery or can u collect. His hay has won awards and is good stuff and not bad on price either.

zandp

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Try your local feed shops or Country Wide shops if you have 1 around you, local papers or try goggle'ing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

gosh why didn't I think of that
laugh.gif

seriously, I have done but wanted some other suggestions.

zandp

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We get excellent hay from a local farmer who owns a plant nursery in westwood. Do you want delivery or can u collect. His hay has won awards and is good stuff and not bad on price either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh that sounds good, delivery would be good, but can collect (multiple trips probably as have an estate car).

zandp

Visit site
hmm don't know what happened there, duplicate post.

anyhoo, round or square bales are both possible as I have enough storage room. Thanks

montygti

Visit site
The place in westwood is downside nurseries 01225 862392. Give them a ring the lads a very helpful. If not have a look in mole valley farmers on the board there are plenty of numbers on there.

zandp

Visit site
Thanks loads, thought I had enough to last the week and could get to Mole Valley to have a look at ads on Friday (finish work early) but hunt were meeting today around my area and all horses are kept in so I now have a lot less hay left than I thought.

Have rung all my old contacts from when I was last buying hay but have had no luck so far. Will try the number, thanks again.