Haybar Shopping help!

Turtul

Visit site
I'm in shopping hell!

Going to get my boy a Haybar with my christmas bonus money but getting sick of hunting around for a good price! cheapest I can find is £64.99 with free delivery from Millbry Hill - anyone know of anywhere selling them for cheaper?

Leftover xmas choccies to anyone who can help?

Rouletterose

Visit site
I paid £69.00 each for my two and had to collect them from local saddlers, these are the original large size black ones, and that was over a year ago, I would say you have a good price especially if they are delivering to you.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Look out for ones on eBay locally. I picked my first one up for £35. It's in great condition, but doesn't need to be perfect, it's going to get covered in poo at some point! :)

Venevidivici

Visit site
I have 2 new,never used ones in my store shed,which I'll never use cos mine make so much mess with their forage,(for the hell of it!) Pm me if u like.:)

TPO

Visit site
I've had numerous hay bars new and second hand. 2nd hand cost around £40 incl postage and absolutely no difference to new tbh.

I bought my new horse an eezehay from eBay. It was cheaper than a hay bar ( bought it new) and ( most importantly!) you can pick what colour you want ;) However I've found it better than a hay bar as it holds more and is wider at the top to get their heads in. Might be worth having a look at them?

JillA

Visit site
You could always buy a bit of plywood, a couple of battens and a few screws and get a handy person to make one of these - you would have money left over for something else :) I've got them in all 8 of my stables, no way could I have afforded 8 Haybars. I have since had them raised up a few more inches to make it easier to sweep out under them.

haybar1.jpg

Kat

Visit site
I have an exehay too not only is it cheaper than a haybar it also comes with all the fittings and in a choice of colours.

katherine1975

Visit site
I made my own hay bars. I bought some large plastic barrels £15 for 3 of them. I got my OH to saw the tops off and put them in the corner of the stable attached by a bungee rope :)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Have a look on ebay or ask on Facebook. I sold a second hand one via Facebook. I just saw someone post that they wanted one. Two other people messaged them to say that they had one as well. I sold it for £30 and it was in VGC.

wallykissmas

Visit site
I made my own from a Eva mat - more like the gym type mats. Held to the wall with a few battons and didn't crack when big butts were rubbed against it.

I would save my money and do a DIY job then buy something else.

Turtul

Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for replies! Have looked into making my own but yard owner says no :( Thankfully not worried about my boy trashing it, may poop in it but that's as worrying as it gets!

Have lots of clients with haybars but not seen any eezhay except for online - are they similar sorts of sizes/robustness (not sure that's a word!!). Unfortunately yard owner is insisting on black so no pretty colours for me :( they work out as same price as HayBar from horseshowjumps but need to have a look at ebay etc.

Venevidivici I have pm'd you.

again, thanks for replyies - all helps!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Have to say I didn't like the ez hay as it seemed to have edges I know my horse would bite at and pull, haybar is completely smooth, just keep a watch on eBay. :)

Floxie

Visit site
£15 second hand, and while I love it I'd be really unhappy paying full price for that sheet of plastic. I say 'unhappy' rather than 'I wouldn't' because it is fantastically useful - hate using nets & YO won't let us feed from the floor. I wouldn't want to be without it but they are awfully expensive for what they are.