hayhutch

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I have one (with square holes), think they have improved the design since then and now have round holes (mind they have gone up in price since I brought mine too). I get little waste and it is easy to move round the field (so no poached areas), and a godsend as can put hay out in the evening ready for the morning in winter and know it will be frost free.

The only problem I have is with driving rain, water does collect in the bottom (I have a Medium one). So have to empty it after rain (the newer round hole design, may have resolved this problem).

My friend has a large one and TBH it is a PITA to move round the field and she wishes she had got 2x smaller ones.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
My mare @ my friends large hay hutch

IMG_0293.jpg

Puppy

Visit site
I have two mediums and I really rate them. I wish I had a large one though as one of mine is a bit of a monkey for rolling them under the electric fencing when they are less than full.

ZarasMum

Visit site
I ordered 2 small ones about 3 years ago. I was absolutely furious to find that if you order more than one, to save postage they send a second one with a detached base so that it fits over the first. Not only did I not actually get the base and had to call them then wait for it to arrive, I then found that the fittings to attach the base constantly loosened and got lost in the mud. I now have one with the base tied on with baler twine. Wish I'd ordered them one at a time, then they'd both have had a fixed base. The worst thing was that the company didn't warn me this would be the case :mad:

I really hope they have changed this. Awful for the price I paid.