Haylage balancer by NAF!!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
...sorry, I've only just registered and it's only because I'm working late (home office) that I'm catching these. But I wonder if it's worth you asking your supplier for 'dry' haylage? I do and it's not the lovely, juicy sweet stuff you'd normally get (not that he'd not love that!) but he just can't have it. But it definately makes a small degree of difference and worth a try.

Yes the first question he asked us was 'would you prefer 'dry' haylage?. Unfortunately the Westphalian would be much better on hay but it just isn't possible. The other 2 were a bit runny when we first changed to haylage but seem to be ok without the balancer/pp now that they have become accustomed to the haylage. I think we'll have to try Brewer's yeast for her.

Razzle Dazzle

New User
Visit site
Yes the first question he asked us was 'would you prefer 'dry' haylage?. Unfortunately the Westphalian would be much better on hay but it just isn't possible. The other 2 were a bit runny when we first changed to haylage but seem to be ok without the balancer/pp now that they have become accustomed to the haylage. I think we'll have to try Brewer's yeast for her.

...oh geez, I know exactly what you mean! I'd give my hind teeth to find some decent hay in my area but it's just not doable unless I want to pay £50 a bale and I just can't afford that ...he's a big lad and goes through a lot. But I had him on Brewers Yeast last year and though, yes, it definately did work and, yes, it's an awful lot cheaper, I couldn't take him off it at all or reduce the volume wheras I can with Haylage Balancer. The tiny scoop he's getting of that is minimal and it's working so well. But if it's good for my lad's tummy and it doesn't do harm, then I'll use it and if that means spending a couple of extra pounds then, to me, it's worthwhile.:)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
It just seems odd to me that all 3 of ours had a bad reaction to the HB. The Westphalian has 2 bare patches on her neck where she has rubbed, and their anxiety levels were unbelievable. The retired cob, who is usually quite pleased to see the back of them was calling to the ridden pair as we set off, banging the stable door at feed time and just generally less laid back than normal. We've had her 20 yrs and never seen her like that before. The Westphalian is completely unflappable but was threatening to canter up the road last week. I think her unshod feet were feeling very sensitive as we trotted through puddles.

coss

Visit site
It just seems odd to me that all 3 of ours had a bad reaction to the HB. The Westphalian has 2 bare patches on her neck where she has rubbed, and their anxiety levels were unbelievable. The retired cob, who is usually quite pleased to see the back of them was calling to the ridden pair as we set off, banging the stable door at feed time and just generally less laid back than normal. We've had her 20 yrs and never seen her like that before. The Westphalian is completely unflappable but was threatening to canter up the road last week. I think her unshod feet were feeling very sensitive as we trotted through puddles.

this is the sort of reaction i had with NAF seaweed - sensitivity really heightened and feeling their feet :(