Haylage

Alexianthe

Visit site
Hi there I have a query about big bale Haylage. How do you all manage it in the warmer weather? By un wrapping all the bale or keep wrapping on and take off as you use the bale.
I need it to last 4 to 5 days without getting hot and going off.
Thanks in advance

Fanatical

Visit site
I open it right up and let the air get to it as much as possible. I then use it for a day or 2 (maybe 3 depending how hot it is) and then when 2/3 of the way through the bale I have a couple of spare pallets and I spread the rest of the bale out between the pallets and leaning any remaining sections up against other bales. I'd do this sooner at any hint of warmth appearing in the bale. It has worked well for me doing this.

Alexianthe

Visit site
I open it right up and let the air get to it as much as possible. I then use it for a day or 2 (maybe 3 depending how hot it is) and then when 2/3 of the way through the bale I have a couple of spare pallets and I spread the rest of the bale out between the pallets and leaning any remaining sections up against other bales. I'd do this sooner at any hint of warmth appearing in the bale. It has worked well for me doing this.
Hi
I have been doing similar in that I spread the sections out up against the wall or whatever but I still find by the 3rd /4th day it’s getting warm. Thanks for your reply will carry on doing similar. I only quieried what to do as some in the past has said to not in wrap ?