Haynet

rhino

Visit site
Thanks for the link to the thread, I'd forgotten how funny it was :)

It's not really an 'introduction' to the other forum anyway, its originator also posts on here and has been reprimanded for advertising on here before too :rolleyes:

Thanks but I'll stick to HHO, prefer to have some knowledgeable people around to ask for advice, and I've yet to find another forum which makes me laugh out loud as much as this one.

In fact I'm laughing now :D

pookie

Visit site
Oh, and about the parelli, I like the quote...prefare Monty Roberts and Kelly Marks to him to be honest

Entirely your prerogative, but understand why Parelli enthusiasts are seen with some scepticism.

I suspect you're quite young and people would give a lot more leeway if your youth was made clear :)

C.C.T

Visit site
How odd. Have you tried Google? There've always been plenty of horse forums around ;)

I was only aware of this one as a lady at my yard told me about it, but she left as she felt this was very clique orientated. And I only heard about Haynet recently through Facebook:)

pookie

Visit site
I was only aware of this one as a lady at my yard told me about it, but she left as she felt this was very clique orientated. And I only heard about Haynet recently through Facebook:)

The entire horse world is very clique orientated. If HHO is not for you then you should find something more suitable (no one should stick with something that makes them unhappy), but I hope you understand why you've received the replies on *this* particular thread.

C.C.T

Visit site
Entirely your prerogative, but understand why Parelli enthusiasts are seen with some scepticism.

I suspect you're quite young and people would give a lot more leeway if your youth was made clear :)

I've said lots of times that I'm young but I was rerfered to as a troll.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I have to agree. I love threads where strong opinions abound. There are also some extremely witty people on HHO. It's a really entertaining forum. The other good thing is that there are so many people on at any time and so you nearly always get an instant response to things that you post, rather than waiting hours, days or even weeks.

pookie

Visit site
I've said lots of times that I'm young but I was rerfered to as a troll.

Youth and trolling is often confused because they can come across the same in posts. It'll get easier as you get older - your writing style will change.

C.C.T

Visit site
Youth and trolling is often confused because they can come across the same in posts. It'll get easier as you get older - your writing style will change.

Well I'm sorry for being a child looking for horsey advice:confused: I fail to see how a child can come on here asking for advice and get bullied by adults?!? Considering adults are supposed to be mature!! Frazzles my brain

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I do hate it when young posters are ganged up on. Though in the jumping thread, I don't think it was intentional. People were just having a laugh, but sometimes they forget that there is a real (young) person behind the keyboard. Teenagers are extremely vunerable and have very strong feelings. Everything always seems so much worse at that age. People should try and remember that.

C.C.T

Visit site
I do hate it when young posters are ganged up on. Though in the jumping thread, I don't think it was intentional. People were just having a laugh, but sometimes they forget that there is a real (young) person behind the keyboard. Teenagers are extremely vunerable and have very strong feelings. Everything always seems so much worse at that age. People should try and remember that.

Totally agree! Whilst it is ok to have a laugh, sometimes it is taken to far. I wasn't really upset by what people where saying as I'm kinda used to having things said to me but I was more shocked at the fact that they are adults and acting in this way to such extremes:eek:

pookie

Visit site
Well I'm sorry for being a child looking for horsey advice:confused: I fail to see how a child can come on here asking for advice and get bullied by adults?!? Considering adults are supposed to be mature!! Frazzles my brain

I didn't say that, did I? You simply can't expect everyone who replies to a thread to realise what age the OP is. In future, if it looks like things are getting out of hand, point out that you're a child and people will stop...those who don't will most likely be rounded on.

Also try to understand why trolls (and, too often, tenuously suspected trolls) are dealt with the way they are. All too often people spend a long time trying to provide advice or support only for it to transpire the OP was on a wind-up mission (not a 'having a bit of a laugh' type either). People rightly feel used, abused and put-out by trolls, which is why they receive such scathing comments. Unfortunately innocent, genuine posters who merely come across in a similar way get the same treatment. It's sad the regular members of a forum that's frequently targeted by trolls are so suspicious but hopefully you can understand why. HHO is by no means the only forum that deals with trolls in that way - new forums tend not to suffer from trolls in the same way but once they become popular or a troll-magnet their members either toughen up or the forum dies.

Moomin1

Visit site
Totally agree! Whilst it is ok to have a laugh, sometimes it is taken to far. I wasn't really upset by what people where saying as I'm kinda used to having things said to me but I was more shocked at the fact that they are adults and acting in this way to such extremes:eek:

Not getting involved with the rest of it, but have to say it is nice to see an improvement in your use of the English language. All this 'wen', 'lik', 'dis' and 'dat' is HORRENDOUS. It's not big and it's definately not CLEVER!! ;)

C.C.T

Visit site
I didn't say that, did I? You simply can't expect everyone who replies to a thread to realise what age the OP is. In future, if it looks like things are getting out of hand, point out that you're a child and people will stop...those who don't will most likely be rounded on.

Also try to understand why trolls (and, too often, tenuously suspected trolls) are dealt with the way they are. All too often people spend a long time trying to provide advice or support only for it to transpire the OP was on a wind-up mission (not a 'having a bit of a laugh' type either). People rightly feel used, abused and put-out by trolls, which is why they receive such scathing comments. Unfortunately innocent, genuine posters who merely come across in a similar way get the same treatment. It's sad the regular members of a forum that's frequently targeted by trolls are so suspicious but hopefully you can understand why. HHO is by no means the only forum that deals with trolls in that way - new forums tend not to suffer from trolls in the same way but once they become popular or a troll-magnet their members either toughen up or the forum dies.

I wasn't having a go at you, you seem nice:) Why would someone waste their time and come on here or any other site simply to 'troll'?!? Don't they have anything better to do with their time?? Also, you said if I tell people I am a child, the nastiness will stop? Well sadly, I have to disagree! I said more then once that I was a child and i didn't even know what a troll was and yet they continued to disagree saying I was a troll!! Very frusterating!

bibaladiva

New User
Visit site
Haynet is not a forum as such so it's not in line with H&H. It's an equine blogging network about writing and reading blogs about people and their horses.

pookie

Visit site
I wasn't having a go at you, you seem nice:) Why would someone waste their time and come on here or any other site simply to 'troll'?!? Don't they have anything better to do with their time?? Also, you said if I tell people I am a child, the nastiness will stop? Well sadly, I have to disagree! I said more then once that I was a child and i didn't even know what a troll was and yet they continued to disagree saying I was a troll!! Very frusterating!

Yes, trolls rarely have anything better to do with their time. You'll find them all over the internet, they come with the territory. May I ask how old you are?

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
The one thing i have learned, and you Will too, is that people are different, will disagree and some will just never get on with each other.....the world would be a very boring place if we did so my advice......just let it roll over you and take what you need and leave the rest.

pookie

Visit site
I'm 14, 15 in a few weeks :D

Well then, use this as a learning experience :) Trolls exist and some people are just downright mean, but if people seem to react oddly to your posts also re-read them and try to understand why.

C.C.T

Visit site
The one thing i have learned, and you Will too, is that people are different, will disagree and some will just never get on with each other.....the world would be a very boring place if we did so my advice......just let it roll over you and take what you need and leave the rest.

It would be boring if everyone was the same and agreed all the time. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but when they have an opinion about a person whom they know only over the internet it is best kept to themselves...

What if I was dyslexic and you made reference to my bad spelling and/or grammar??
What if I had mild autism??
You just don't know who is sitting at the other end of the computer screen and so people should be more careful about what they say

Last edited:

ELFSBELLS

Visit site
Charming !!! And why would anyone want to use a site that is reccomended by someone that has to slate this one to try and get more users, you must be pretty bored on there !!!

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Dont agree with that.....people will take you on how your forum personality comes across.....i am dyslexic and struggle with spelling and unless people know they will judge me on my bad spelling and that has happened in the past and i just let it go once i told them they understood that my brain spells things differently to them it's not a problem.

To much energy is spent on getting upset by others comments, they dont know the real you so just ignore, learn to grow a thicker skin, it will help you when you leave school for the big bad world.

HowenEdward

Visit site
The problem is, your "Jumping?????" post is written in huge bold letters and is badly worded to sound like a silly troll. Its clearly not going to be taken seriously- you also aren't very young. ;)

HHO has entertaining, witty and quick responses not waiting ages for a reply like some downright boring forums. Oh and we know what we are talking about because we go the sections that is related to us, I am usually in CR although look here for general help :rolleyes: