HB510 / HB505 Roof Question

BMA2

Visit site
Hello.
I have a HB510 and the triangle fibre glass roof bit (where the pop up sun roof is) is starting to show its age...

I can see that I can easily buy a new pop up sun roof thing but can you just replace that whole fibreglass triangle Inc the pop up sun roof? I've tried googling it and can find all sorts of spares...but not the white triangle fibre glass roof thing

If I go down the route of replacing just the pop up roof bit is there anything I can paint the internal fibreglass with to a) improve how it looks and b)seal any tiny pin prick holes that I think could exist

Thank you

Carly345t

New User
Visit site
Hello, I am new here I just want to say something that help you. It sounds like you're referring to a specific component of your HB510 trailer. While I don't have specific information on the availability of replacement parts for your trailer model, I can provide some general guidance.

If the triangle fiberglass roof section, including the pop-up sunroof, is showing signs of wear and you're unable to find a replacement part for the entire section, you may have a few options:

1. Contact the manufacturer or authorized dealers: Reach out to the manufacturer or authorized dealers of your HB510 trailer to inquire about the availability of replacement parts. They should be able to provide you with the most accurate information and assist you in finding the specific component you need.
  2. Consider repair and restoration: If a replacement part is not readily available, you might explore the possibility of repairing or restoring the existing fiberglass section. This could involve patching any holes, reinforcing weak areas, and refinishing the surface. Consulting a professional who specializes in fiberglass repair or a trailer repair shop could be helpful in assessing the feasibility and providing guidance on the process.
As for improving the appearance and sealing any potential pin prick holes on the internal fiberglass surface, here are a couple of suggestions:

1. Painting the fiberglass: You can consider painting the internal fiberglass surface to improve its appearance. Clean the surface thoroughly, sand it lightly to promote adhesion, and use a paint specifically designed for fiberglass or plastic surfaces. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for application and curing.
  2. Using a fiberglass sealant or epoxy: To seal any small holes or cracks in the fiberglass, you can apply a fiberglass sealant or epoxy. These products are typically available at hardware or automotive stores. Clean the surface, apply the sealant or epoxy according to the product instructions, and allow it to cure properly.
Remember to always follow safety precautions and consult professionals or experts if you're unsure about any repair or restoration processes. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific situation.