He’s here!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
How do I turn photos? Even if I turn before posting they post sideways ?‍♀️
So, we had a pretty bad trip. Should have been just over an hour from my mums (she had offered to drive) turned into a 5 hour round trip. Bank holiday, school holidays, accidents, breakdowns. My poor mum will be getting a big bunch of flowers!
He’s just gorgeous. He cried a bit on the way home but really not much, was a bit sick but I’d expected that.
Old lady dog is happy because he’s not really bothered about her, and she suddenly has lots of puppy toys to play with ?
Our lab has also been calm and interested but friendly with him which is amazing. They are both much happier with him round than daughters puppy so that’s a huge relief.
He’s a little bit whiny if I leave him but is a pretty confident little chap.
Im in love ?
Do need to sort the car/travel situ out because the little crate is so difficult to get in and out and if he’s coming every day with me that’s going to be a pita.
1E5A9C97-7460-45DD-BC87-ED7A81D560AD.jpegD4EB7160-B410-4A81-AECC-BF045D5DA556.jpegE6BDF7E3-E281-4D46-9297-941639285C00.jpeg

Bellasophia

Visit site
I m sure he will fit in seamlessly..you are so ready for this pup.

Cecil,you have the face of an angel,ready to flap his wings and have a lot of fun.

re travel in car.....my little schnauzer has a carabinier clip attached to a headrest..then add to the carabinier..a short lead and a harness...dog sits on cushion,harnessed and is an easy clip in.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
he looks great. i bought a second hand crate to keep in the car all of the time, might be worth doing that. you can always sell it on if he outgrows it
That’s what I’ve done, the problem is I have no boot or back doors so I can’t get it into the back of the car, the front seat moves forward for people to get in but not enough for the crate. I *could fold and put it back up in place but my plan had been to just transfer him from car to tack room at work until he gets used to the other work dogs.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I m sure he will fit in seamlessly..you are so ready for this pup.

Cecil,you have the face of an angel,ready to flap his wings and have a lot of fun.

re travel in car.....my little schnauzer has a carabinier clip attached to a headrest..then add to the carabinier..a short lead and a harness...dog sits on cushion,harnessed and is an easy clip in.
I think that’s the kind of arrangement I’ll end up going for. I’d like to get him used to a harness and lead first but it certainly sounds easiest.

Odyssey

Visit site
He is absolutely gorgeous! ? Sounds like he's going to be a fab little dog. My mum had the sweetest JR, he's one of my favourite dogs of all time. He was such a happy little soul with a lovely personality. I bet Cecil is going to be a sweetheart. I have puppy envy!

Last edited:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
He’s fabulous!

My YO has a teeny jrt puppy, she has a soft crate, quite small, fits in a small car a treat.
That may well also be a plan. I borrowed a pop up one to try from a friend so it go’s in easily as it’s so pliable but is very light and moves round a bit too much. Being pop up it would collapse with a seat belt round.
I’m actually very fond of my car (said no horse person ever, including me prior to this car!) and don’t want doggy dirt or dented seats either!