He’s here!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Terrorist! ? so apt! Not for him yet, But in general yes!
He’s had a busy afternoon playing with Basil my daughters 16 wk puppy. They didn’t get on at first, then basil decided Cecil was humping material ?‍♀️
However they played for ages after a while, til Cecil fell asleep and Basil sat literally staring willing him to wake up ?

timbobs

Visit site
I’ve just been directed to this thread - I’d been waiting for updates on your other one ?

Cecil is gorgeous and it sounds like he’s fitting in well already! I also love the picture of your older girl with the giraffe!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
So over the course of a day or so he has indeed become a terrorist ?
He sleeps a lot. The bits in between can be complete madness.
He’s pretty good though, comes when he’s called, even if that involves stopping following another dog/the cat. He’s only had one house wee and that was totally my fault, I was just about to take him out and OH asked for a quick hand with something first ?‍♀️
He’s also been dry over night except once which I’m amazed at, and he did that on a puppy pad so that was clever.
Um, he is *almost understanding sit, it’s super exciting though and hard to keep the front paws on the floor! Once he’s got it for a tiny treat he seems to think if he just holds the position treats might just keep coming ?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
So, a week together and he’s just amazing.
Collie dog says she’s happy to have him round but not keen on playing with him (happy to chomp his toys and treats though!)
Lab, has been caught a few times snoozing very close! Seems to quite like him, enjoys “sit” training with us ?
He has fairly reliably learned to sit. Comes to call, inside and out, unless a real distraction but obviously a work in progress.
He comes poo picking, has visited friends houses, met lots of people including children, the youngest being 3. Met other vaccinated dogs, has a grasp of “leave”
He’s just fab and I can’t imagine life without him already! 107563DB-E6A6-4054-AB96-9BDCC2874BC7.jpegEB8C153E-5B86-4F57-9956-AF47E83D82A4.jpeg05BCA80C-4064-4C4D-BFFE-057BEDC99A5C.jpeg

Smitty

Visit site
Right. You are going on UI?. This is unbearably exciting at my age!! You can keep whoever today's equivalent of the Dream Boys is, but a pic of a terrier puppy has made me go all of a quiver?. Off to study Preloved... ?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Right. You are going on UI?. This is unbearably exciting at my age!! You can keep whoever today's equivalent of the Dream Boys is, but a pic of a terrier puppy has made me go all of a quiver?. Off to study Preloved... ?
Did you find anything? ….. ?

Visit site
That’s what I’ve done, the problem is I have no boot or back doors so I can’t get it into the back of the car, the front seat moves forward for people to get in but not enough for the crate. I *could fold and put it back up in place but my plan had been to just transfer him from car to tack room at work until he gets used to the other work dogs.

You will have to buy a bigger car then ! Its obvious

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Cecil does rock!
Work is now pretty successful. He’s met and gets on with all the other dogs at the yard.
He’s perfectly happy to be in a crate in the tack room with another dog around. I have been able to have him out in and off while there are no horses round so he’s getting used to life!
Today he’s been swimming! I was in the river doing the encouraging, we took both puppies but my daughter may have a picture of that.
We are super lucky to have a little river running through the farm.
He has his injections on Wednesday so being able to go on proper “public” walks is on the horizon, we have been doing a bit of lead practice in preparation ?‍♀️ (Getting there!!)
He’s still a very sleepy little pup! Most of my photos are him sleeping, he’s too fast to get awake!
4441A5FC-20D5-4D6B-9BF4-07AD8D60D60F.jpeg5F8108F1-7006-4F52-AD40-C97593DDA9C1.jpegE9640B0A-74DC-42A8-942D-58046FE8B962.jpeg

poiuytrewq

Visit site
You will have to buy a bigger car then ! Its obvious
Refuse ? I love my car!
I’ve decided on a really good seat cover and harness/seatbelt which I’ll get when he’s big enough to not outgrow it and is used to being restrained by one. I think that will work.
My boss’s wife has a bigger crate I can leave set up then at work so that’s also perfect!

Bellasophia

Visit site
I love Cecil! It sounds like he’s an old soul.A rare find,they come to you and slot in,no worries.What a gem.

re car.. both mine travel with harness on back seat( too many rear Enders happen in Italy) ..for me it’s the safest place.

Smitty

Visit site
Oh how I love him. The two pics below the nose stuck in cage pic could have been my chap as a baby. Mine threw himself into a mill race on a hot day when he was 12 weeks and I had an anxious wait on the other side of a small stone bridge till he emerged.

I have just got back from 4 days away coast path walking in Cornwall. My little chap copes brilliantly with the heat, fitting under tables in pubs, squeezing up in cars and everything else it generally entails, but did escape from the tent one night in search of a better class of owner and spent the night in a caravan on a couples bed ? about 30 yards away. They said he was very well behaved and they missed him when I retrieved the little brute at 7.00am the next day.

I don't know how you crept off UI ? but am off to study Preloved etc now my kitchen fitters have gone and my next camping trip is 2 weeks away...

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Oh how I love him. The two pics below the nose stuck in cage pic could have been my chap as a baby. Mine threw himself into a mill race on a hot day when he was 12 weeks and I had an anxious wait on the other side of a small stone bridge till he emerged.

I have just got back from 4 days away coast path walking in Cornwall. My little chap copes brilliantly with the heat, fitting under tables in pubs, squeezing up in cars and everything else it generally entails, but did escape from the tent one night in search of a better class of owner and spent the night in a caravan on a couples bed ? about 30 yards away. They said he was very well behaved and they missed him when I retrieved the little brute at 7.00am the next day.

I don't know how you crept off UI ? but am off to study Preloved etc now my kitchen fitters have gone and my next camping trip is 2 weeks away...
That’s hilarious! What a monkey. Do you have a photo of him? He sounds perfect though, that’s my aim for Cecil, to just be happy to come everywhere and do anything without it being a hassle.
@Bellasophia i think it’s probably the best way.

Smitty

Visit site
That’s hilarious! What a monkey. Do you have a photo of him? He sounds perfect though, that’s my aim for Cecil, to just be happy to come everywhere and do anything without it being a hassle.
@Bellasophia i think it’s probably the best way.

I have to say I think he is just about perfect for what I want and goes anywhere and meets anyone and other dogs with no fuss as well as being very portable. His one drawback is that any affection is on his terms and if you think you can give him a cuddle, think again!! Hopefully Cecil will be more obliging.

Loads of pics over the 7 years of his life which I will be unable to post but he is in my avatar and I have found some rather interesting Jack x Chi pups on Gumtree ?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I have to say I think he is just about perfect for what I want and goes anywhere and meets anyone and other dogs with no fuss as well as being very portable. His one drawback is that any affection is on his terms and if you think you can give him a cuddle, think again!! Hopefully Cecil will be more obliging.

Loads of pics over the 7 years of his life which I will be unable to post but he is in my avatar and I have found some rather interesting Jack x Chi pups on Gumtree ?
Ah, he does looks quite similar to Cecil!
I’m going crazy on puppy pictures because of the 5 previous we have had I don’t actually have many baby pictures. I guess they are on broken computers sadly
Cecil is a bit the other way, he’s a little bit needy in the way of cuddles and lap sitting, I love that but equally he is having to learn I can’t sit giving puppy snuggles all day, much as I’d like too ?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
cecil needs puppy snuggles, mine is 11 months now and i cant get up to make a coffee because she is fast asleep on my lap...i now have 2 tiny terriers who take it in turns for my lap so thats my excuse for being lazy :)View attachment 73960
The perfect excuse! I’m much the same, I should be doing stuff but Cecil is asleep next to me and daughters Basil Is on my lap. I can’t move can I!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
hope you have managed to move now:):) i have been very good took my dogs for a walk in the rain, the older smooth haired black one was not really impressed, the hairy 11 month old loves water ,the wetter the better. im in the not so impressed group