He redeemed himself...

Kat_Bath

Visit site
After a really gross incident out on a walk on Wednesday involving human poo :)eek:eek:_O:(), Harvey redeemed himself yesterday by donating a full unit of blood. It was his first time and they said they'd love to have him back. Thought I'd post as so many people have said they didn't know it was a thing but it is and it's great. The main things are that dogs should be over 25kg, under 9 years old and confident at the vets (Harvey sits and knocks at our vet's front door on lunch time walks :rolleyes:) - see https://www.petbloodbankuk.org/ for more info if you want to know more. Mean time, enjoy this (potentially massive - sorry!) picture of Harvey, looking like butter wouldn't melt... :rolleyes::D

Harvey Good Boy.JPG

Roxylola

Visit site
We too have had unspeakable waste related incidents, and funnily enough I looked at blood donation for the culprit as she's easy natured and quite happy at the vets, unfortunately she's too small so she can't even redeem herself that way.
Thanks to Harvey for his donation though, you never know when it might be needed ?

SAujla

Visit site
My Lab is too small and light, but she would've been a good candidate for this. She loves the vet...mostly because she gets treats there. If food is involved, she'll do anything and be perfectly fine with it ?
You could have described my Labrador there, but she's around 23kg and won't put much more on. She also loves the vets but more for the fuss she gets.

More importantly well done Harvey!

Kat_Bath

Visit site
Roxy, that's a shame but hopefully she can make up for unfortunate events in other ways... It's honestly so disgusting. On this occasion, I unfortunately ended up with some (read: quite a bit...) on me and it was right at the beginning of the walk as well. Still he looked at me as if to say "what have I done wrong"... :rolleyes: Hard to believe a lab under 25kg exists! ;) Harvey is only in it for the biscuits but then again, I would be too. What I thought was really interesting is that they say dogs need to drink an extra 500ml water afterwards and Harvey only really drinks after food, so after all the biscuits, he did have a drink before he left the vet. But yesterday evening he drank extra and this morning, he drank before we went on our morning walk, which he never, ever does. So he must have known - maybe he's not THAT stupid after all...!

deb_l222

Visit site
Well done Harvey!! On the blood donation that is. The least said about the other incident the better I would imagine.

Funnily enough Willow had spent some time under the hosepipe this week after a human poo alert and a good old roll before I had chance to stop her. There must be something in the air!!

Kat_Bath

Visit site
..he has a really beautiful face.❤️

A beautiful face but disgusting habits ??

Well done Harvey!! On the blood donation that is. The least said about the other incident the better I would imagine.

Funnily enough Willow had spent some time under the hosepipe this week after a human poo alert and a good old roll before I had chance to stop her. There must be something in the air!!

So gross. There really must be something in the air - my friend has also had issues. Maybe humans are to blame, mind... ? Hope Willow smells nicer now!

satinbaze

Visit site
Meera too is blood donor. Flatcoats have a negative blood type and therefore are the most needed (this blood is the universal donor). She too disgraced herself whilst on a walk with friends on Sunday, humans are gross

Kat_Bath

Visit site
I had the email yesterday to say Harvey is negative blood-type too - really surprised as I thought he'd be positive. But good to know we have a number of potential donations until he turns 9, to keep his redeeming features and qualities ahead of the number of times he eats poo of any kind...!

GSD Woman

Visit site
Well done Harvey! Humans are so disgusting. I have had the problem with a dog eons ago.

Keep on donating and keep away from the poop!