He stands weird when he eats

kerrieberry2

Visit site
been looking at pics of my rising 4yr old and I've noticed a few times he stands weird, like his legs are really far under him! the front and back a really close together

is this anything to be concerned about??

I don't seem to have many side on pics when he's not eating.

pic

kerrieberry2

Visit site
Yeh could be. But don't say that. He's supposed to be going away for backing next month and he's already a hand bigger than he was supposed to be. This was only taken Sunday and I did think he look bum high again :(

treacle_beastie

Visit site
has he always stood like this or is it something youve noticed recently? My mare does this dometimes butt hink its when shes in a bit of pain in her back from hock spavins. I would seriously doubt this would be the reason for yours though!

kerrieberry2

Visit site
I have noticed it on occasions over the last yr at least. he saw the physio a few months ago, just in case before he goes to be backed, and the only problem she found was a bit of tenderness on his poll from the use of a parelli halter, which ive stopped using! but its only when he eats and not the whole time just on the occasion that hes not kicking the bucket

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
been looking at pics of my rising 4yr old and I've noticed a few times he stands weird, like his legs are really far under him! the front and back a really close together

is this anything to be concerned about??

I don't seem to have many side on pics when he's not eating.

pic

I love your dun.

kerrieberry2

Visit site
I love your dun.

awwww bless you, thanks :) its been a lot of years since anyone has said that about her! shes my old girl, 29 this year, she had a bad time with it this winter, diagnosed with cushings, had really bad ring worm, a horrible cough then stopped eating her feed!! but she seems much happier the last few weeks!