Head collar for cob?

Summer pudding

Visit site
I am struggling to find a head collar for 14.1...the bit that goes over the head is a bit short, leaving just one hole. Full size definitely too big - any suggestions please..have spent ages at big saddlery trying to compare - got very funny looks, and went cross eyed! Thanks.

Summer pudding

Visit site
Yes, but the nose bit then seems to come quite far up the head! He has a leather headcollar (he came with - no name) that seems to fit a treat..so they do seem to vary a bit in size although labelled 'cob'. Thank you for quick response!

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Shy has one of the knotted rope ones, which is fantastic. Has lasted three years, and so easy to use. You can just see it in my siggie pic. Got mine from ebay. x

Hetsmum

Visit site
Different brands come up in different sizes.........Take the leather headcollar with you when purchasing. My chunky lad has the Newmarket Headcollar (the one with the red/black/yellow padding on nose) in a cob size (at least I think its a cob size......may have to check on that!) Anyway it fits a treat with the adjustable nose. I am on the third hole up from largest fit and he has quite a big head. You have to shop around a bit and you might find that some Full sizes will fit him better. Good Luck!

ETA - Shysmum's idea is a good one too! I use one of those for when the dentist comes as lots of room for them to open mouth...... One size fits all!

Summer pudding

Visit site
Thanks everyone..good suggestions..why didn't I think of taking the head collar that fit..doh!!! He is new to me and I am a bit all over the place, had forgotten so much, which i why tapping into your knowledge and experience is so helpful.

Summer pudding

Visit site
Different brands come up in different sizes.........Take the leather headcollar with you when purchasing. My chunky lad has the Newmarket Headcollar (the one with the red/black/yellow padding on nose) in a cob size (at least I think its a cob size......may have to check on that!) Anyway it fits a treat with the adjustable nose. I am on the third hole up from largest fit and he has quite a big head. You have to shop around a bit and you might find that some Full sizes will fit him better. Good Luck!

ETA - Shysmum's idea is a good one too! I use one of those for when the dentist comes as lots of room for them to open mouth...... One size fits all!

thank you so much for this information, I bought the Newmarket headcollar and it fits!