Head>>> Desk!

s4sugar

Visit site
Following the Dumbtree link yesterday I had a look at other adverts and spotted a couple of dodgy ones -pet quality puppies with Pets Passports.
Various small breeds and crosses on two phone numbers at the same map location.
Phoned the licensing department today and was told "they are allowed to breed dogs without a license if they don't have too many" and was met by stunned silence when I pointed out they needed a pet shop licence to sell animals brought in from Eastern Europe and that there were more than seven litters involved in the adverts I'd found.
A lot of the puppies had been sold so some people know no better than to buy them.....

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Good for you, Gumtree is a joke, they say they have rules in place but they are still breaking them. I get loads come up on my fb from get gumtree animal free and we mass report. The fact the licencing dept are failing to pick up on these dogs is an added worry and Im sure loads are getting through. God help anyone who bought these puppies because they are not going to be the healthiest.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Even though you maybe feel a little like this , at least you have tried to alert the authorities about it. :)

If only people in general was more aware/cared about that it does matter from where they buy their puppies, because as long as such puppymills people makes a profit on their business, they will do everything they can to find ways to avoid different authorities that tries to stop them, however, if people stopped buying their puppies, there would be no profit...

To keep it short, I feel that if a person wants to buy a puppy, they should at least buy from responsible breeders that tries/wants to take the puppy back, if the buyer can't keep the puppy for some reason, that way it is less likely to lead to another dog taking up room in a dog rescue.

But of course, it wouldn't hurt if the authorities did go after puppymills a la guns blazing-style, one could always dream...

misterjinglejay

Visit site
Even though you maybe feel a little like this , at least you have tried to alert the authorities about it. :)

If only people in general was more aware/cared about that it does matter from where they buy their puppies, because as long as such puppymills people makes a profit on their business, they will do everything they can to find ways to avoid different authorities that tries to stop them, however, if people stopped buying their puppies, there would be no profit...

To keep it short, I feel that if a person wants to buy a puppy, they should at least buy from responsible breeders that tries/wants to take the puppy back, if the buyer can't keep the puppy for some reason, that way it is less likely to lead to another dog taking up room in a dog rescue.

But of course, it wouldn't hurt if the authorities did go after puppymills a la guns blazing-style, one could always dream...

I so wish this would happen!