Head shaking!

kellyeaton

Visit site
Has any body tried any pills potions that actually work in the head shaking department if so please help? I have tried naf shake relif and global herbs pollen x and there other head shaking product with no sussecess.xx

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
do you know what hte "trigger" is for your horses head shaking as this is really the only way to effectively minimise it!

There is a post in veterinary on this :)

maisiemoo

Visit site
My mare was diagonosed to be a photic headshaker by the vet yesterday , [ read my post] have bought a net from equilibrium to ride in , not got it yet but post if it works, vet said supplements don't work otherwise i would of spent a fortune trying different one's. try and find out what triggers the headshaking, could be the bit, saddle , back problem , went down all those routes before photic headshaking was diagognosed, good luck.

Loubiepoo

Visit site
Pollen is a major trigger factor for my horse and 40 cetirizine (piriton) a day really help him - I get them cheap from my vets. The equilibrium field relief mask - max with the nosenet attached for when he's in the field also helps.

Trinity Fox

Visit site
Hi i have a horse that does this i have the nose net,but one thing i have found is that if they shake their head while wearing and net moves it can stop it from working properly it also takes a few attempts to get the net at the right length so dont cut it to length until you are sure you have done this. Feeding honey that is local to your area a tablespoon a day will help but will take a little while to have any effect, i have also sewn a bit of elastic that goes around the back of the horses chin but is attached to the net on each side and this prevents the net from moving even if he tries to flip it off. Beconase can help if it is allergy, and just bear in mind some horses do not like the nose net at first and will shake or rub because of this so may take a few attempts to get used to it Keeping a light contact when the horse is headshaking also helps sorry so long but have just been trying all to find what suits mine good luck.:)

SmartieBean09

Visit site
Global Herbs Shake Free worked for my mare but it is expensive!

I had 50% with Feedmark so am trying their Clarity as that was recommended.

My friend also uses Naf Breath Easy and says that it is better than Respirator although didnt stop her horse from head shaking altogether. Cheap enough to perhaps try though.

Good Luck, I know how annoying it can be (for you and horsey)! :)

kellyeaton

Visit site
His head goes just up and down and he always is rubbing his nose on the floor all the time. It starts spring and finishes late autum. I have triued the nose net but it did not work. I have had him at the vets and they put him on hay fever tablets they last about a month then it starts all again. any more advice would be great thanks!x

Kenzo

Visit site
His head goes just up and down and he always is rubbing his nose on the floor all the time. It starts spring and finishes late autum. I have triued the nose net but it did not work. I have had him at the vets and they put him on hay fever tablets they last about a month then it starts all again. any more advice would be great thanks!x

If the hay fever tablets work, can you not just carry on and use them, along with a nose net?