Headaches from ragwort pulling?

Hippona

Visit site
I've been doing my annual ragwort assault....having a paddock next to a motorway embankment it's a constant battle but I usually clear it all over a week or so then keep on top of it whilst poo picking.

I've had a dull sickly headache all week but otherwise I'm fine....coincidence?

Fides

Visit site
Ha ha. I'd say coincidence but if you are worried get your GP to do liver function tests...

Suelin

Visit site
It's probably co incidence.....Just looking for something to blame. Plan was to tell OH that he must do all ragworting from now on ;)

Oh I would tell him that anyway. What he doesn't know can't hurt.........naughty me??????? Surely not! However I've had headaches all week and have put it down to the air pressure, could be that you are suffering the same.

Fun Times

Visit site
Have you hurt your shoulder and neck with the pulling that would give you a headache .
^^^ this. Plaiting up can give me headaches because it makes the muscles in the tops of my shoulders spasm and then I get horrid sickly type headaches. Dont underestimate the effect neck or shoulder issues can have on other bits of you, even if he pain in that area itself isnt that bad.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I get a rotten headache from pulling things with my right arm , sometimes I am not even aware I have hurt my neck/ shoulder .

mandwhy

Visit site
Probably the sheer exertion of it, I spent a lot of time doing it last year and it was back breaking, I have recently moved and can't see any ragwort at all in our field just millions of nettles, not quite sure how I'm going to fill my manual labour quota now!

Hippona

Visit site
Could it be because of all the fumes from the motorway? Although it does seem to have lasted longer than I'd of thought.

Lol....you can't even see the motorway.....it's up n over a steep embankment, it's a slip road. The only fumes are from the muckheap:)

Thinking about it peeps I'm going for the neck n shoulder stiffness as a cause.....doesn't help I'm pretty much desk bound for most of the day too.

Hot soak with lavender oil tonight me thinks :)