Heads Up - you NEED Discovery+ to watch the Olympic Eventing

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I can see the cross country scheduled on discovery +, but it's called cross country, not eventing for some reason?

These are the channels you get with the cable subscription not the streaming service and i checked all 9 for the time/day. It's caled eventing dressage, eventing cross country, eventing jumping there. I've put a series link on it and while it's not all the eventing dressage live, there are 4 programmes compared to one cross county.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
My top tip - turn off Discovery + commentary and put on radio 5 live. Its much better!

southerncomfort

Visit site
I paid for a month's subscription and use a Chrome cast to watch it on my TV.

I tried streaming from the website through the xbox but couldn't get it to work.

For once its not the BBC's fault, but I feel very strongly that no one should ever have to pay to watch Olympics coverage. Part of the point of the Olympics is its legacy and inspiring the next generation of athletes. How can children be inspired if they can't watch it?

HashRouge

Visit site

I tried streaming from the website through the xbox but couldn't get it to work.

For once its not the BBC's fault, but I feel very strongly that no one should ever have to pay to watch Olympics coverage. Part of the point of the Olympics is its legacy and inspiring the next generation of athletes. How can children be inspired if they can't watch it?
Yes I agree too! I think the IOC or whoever ultimately made the decision has a lot to answer for! I appreciate the desire to earn as much money as possible from the television rights, but I think they should prioritise national broadcasters who will show it for free, and just accept slightly less money if needed.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site

It's not just having to pay, it's also not having access if you're not up to date with technology. You have to stream on an appropriate device. Content shown by the BBC was shown on TV channels and red button channels which made it accessible to a greater proportion of the population.

However it's the way things are going with content being more fragmented across different services and having to subscribe to multiple providers to get what you want to watch. I've got 9 Eurosport channels showing the olympics as part of my package but if I want to watch the equestrian events I have to subscribe to an additional service.

Karran

Visit site
There is a petition launched to keep the Olympics on free to air TV and not subscription. I always have doubts about whether its worth signing such things but i'm really annoyed about this! I could have understood if coverage was limited due to the covid!

http://chng.it/NRsD4HSqQk