Healed suspensory - now lame on other leg! Any ideas help please

marioforever

Visit site
I have a mare who had an enlarged suspensory on her right foreleg. She has been rested, had shockwave and has now been re-scanned and everything was looking good. Vet had me lunge her in the school, after she trotted up sound in a straight line, and she is now lame on left foreleg! Had suspensory scanned on that leg and everything seemed fine so nerve blocked foot, pastern, fetlock and all way up to knee and she was still the same. Vet has no idea but said it could be shoulder or neck, which I cant see as with shoulder arent they normally worse when the leg is on the outside of a circle. Vet coming back in two weeks to try and diagnose. As most lameness is in the foot - I am tempted to have an xray of the foot as perhaps the nerve block cant block the whole hoof. If she was yours , what would your next move be? Thanks for help as really fed up as was hoping to start bringing her back into work after her injury.

Erin

Visit site
Physio? If she's been compensating whilst lame on the other leg she could be tight/sore somewhere.

marioforever

Visit site
Thank you for the comments. When I lunged her for the vet our arena hadnt been levelled, and as we have had no rain, it was quite deep but we levelled it today. I lunged her after very lightly(because of the suspensory) in front of my instructor who is very very good at spotting unlevelness in horses (has spotted many unlevel horses that vets have missed lol) and she was sound on both reins. Am going to get a physio out and vet is coming back next week anyway - so fingers crossed. Thanks again