Healthy treats.

pistolpete

Visit site
After Meg the Lurcher was really ill a couple of weeks ago I’ve cut out a lot of her treats. No more dental chews air dried head meat and fewer gravy bones. Thing is what treats are healthy that are affordable? She is a skinny Minnie so doesn’t have to be low fat particularly. I do buy her Yora insect protein kibble and she’s fed mainly on Nutriment raw. Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_1044.jpeg
    IMG_1044.jpeg
    274.6 KB · Views: 2

alibali

Visit site
Primula cheese paste. Peanut butter (make sure it doesn't contain xylitol which is poisonous to dogs) I use Whole Earth peanut butter. Not sure either would be considered healthy though. Both mine also love a wide range of fruit and veg. Particularly broccoli (which is carefully rationed due to wind issues if I'm not careful!!!) I can't pick up a chopping board in my house without gaining an audience 🤭

Morwenna

Visit site
I love the pâtés from j r pet products as training treats as they can be cut up very small, and mine gets various other thing from there to chew on, mainly the lambskin plaits which she has most days and I’m sure are the reason her teeth are so clean.

SAujla

Visit site
I love the pâtés from j r pet products as training treats as they can be cut up very small, and mine gets various other thing from there to chew on, mainly the lambskin plaits which she has most days and I’m sure are the reason her teeth are so clean.
If they ever did ostrich pate I'd buy the lot

maisie06

Visit site
After Meg the Lurcher was really ill a couple of weeks ago I’ve cut out a lot of her treats. No more dental chews air dried head meat and fewer gravy bones. Thing is what treats are healthy that are affordable? She is a skinny Minnie so doesn’t have to be low fat particularly. I do buy her Yora insect protein kibble and she’s fed mainly on Nutriment raw. Thanks all.
Dried sprats?

skinnydipper

Visit site
For rewards I am currently using

Kronch original salmon treats, not the pocket ones. I cut them in half with a sharp knife if I'm going to be using a lot. I have to keep an eye on her weight :)

Udder cubes, the last lot weren't cubes and were quite big and soft, so I cut those up.

Spaghetti, which is intestine, beef, pork or lamb. I cut that up too.

Then for chews she has beef nose, hairy cows ears, pigs ears, tripe, beef cheek, that sort of thing.

Oh, I forgot, she gets a piece of turkey neck after breakfast.