Heartbreaking

FlyingCircus

Visit site
1934492_1118191568212008_6814435643015528100_n.jpg

10456046_1118023424895489_6882372159201648734_n.jpg

Poor little guy is currently in Esholt, Bradford. There's apparently 9 horses and several dogs living in terrible conditions there, but Bradford Council not doing anything about it as the owners are gypsys and they don't want to get involved.

People on FB seem to be agreeing to go and get this little guy, but who knows if it's all talk. RSPCA has been called and no outcome from this.
Please help make more people aware of this so they can't NOT do something about it.

ETA: Yes, that is a foal tied to a barbed wire fence with a bit in. Not only all the crap attached to him, but he also has no access to food or water.

madlady

Visit site
I wouldn't normally advocate stealing but somebody needs to go and take that poor little mite.

That poor poor baby :(

Has anyone contacted BHS welfare do you know - I know for a fact that they will go out to travellers as I have called them myself when I saw a youngster on a tether in blazing sunshine with no access to water.

FlyingCircus

Visit site
I wouldn't normally advocate stealing but somebody needs to go and take that poor little mite.

That poor poor baby :(

Has anyone contacted BHS welfare do you know - I know for a fact that they will go out to travellers as I have called them myself when I saw a youngster on a tether in blazing sunshine with no access to water.

As far as I can tell (it's doing the rounds of FB at the mo), only the RSPCA and police have been called. Think there may also have been mention about a news station being called.

paddi22

Visit site
poor mite, that is one of the saddest pics. absolutely heartbreaking. really hope its life improves and someone gets it.

madlady

Visit site
As far as I can tell (it's doing the rounds of FB at the mo), only the RSPCA and police have been called. Think there may also have been mention about a news station being called.

And of course the RSPCA won't think of calling someone who knows anything about horses will they! Could you point me in the direction of it on FB and I can get it shared, I'm not a million miles away so might be able to get in contact with someone who is nearer and potentially knows more.

FlyingCircus

Visit site
And of course the RSPCA won't think of calling someone who knows anything about horses will they! Could you point me in the direction of it on FB and I can get it shared, I'm not a million miles away so might be able to get in contact with someone who is nearer and potentially knows more.

Dawn Kernick Noble is the one who posted the pics and has 2 statuses about this poor little mite on her FB that are available to share with the public. I've also contacted her with regards to BHS Welfare, as I believe you have to have seen the horse in person to be able to raise a valid welfare concern.

Damnation

Visit site
Disgraceful..
RSPCA are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.
Best threaten media coverage, once the camera's are on, THEN they will step in as the hero's.

T*ats.

madlady

Visit site
Dawn Kernick Noble is the one who posted the pics and has 2 statuses about this poor little mite on her FB that are available to share with the public. I've also contacted her with regards to BHS Welfare, as I believe you have to have seen the horse in person to be able to raise a valid welfare concern.

Found on FB and shared. I can see from the comments that people are offering homes - I've messaged to say I can help with transport if needed.

be positive

Visit site
Surely it is a clear cut case of breaking the Animal welfare act in every way

The Animal Welfare Act 2006 (“the Act”) requires
you to ensure that any horse, pony, donkey or
mule for which you are responsible, whether on a
permanent or a temporary basis:
• has a suitable environment to live in; Hardly!!
• has a healthy diet; No food or water
• is able to behave normally; It cannot do anything normal tied up like that
• has appropriate company; and It may have company
• is protected from pain, suffering, injury
and disease. It is certainly not be protected from potential injury, and is most likely to be suffering.

The owners are breaking every one of the above and the authorities should be prepared to step in and do something no matter who the owners are.

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Surely it is a clear cut case of breaking the Animal welfare act in every way

The Animal Welfare Act 2006 (“the Act”) requires
you to ensure that any horse, pony, donkey or
mule for which you are responsible, whether on a
permanent or a temporary basis:
• has a suitable environment to live in; Hardly!!
• has a healthy diet; No food or water
• is able to behave normally; It cannot do anything normal tied up like that
• has appropriate company; and It may have company
• is protected from pain, suffering, injury
and disease. It is certainly not be protected from potential injury, and is most likely to be suffering.

The owners are breaking every one of the above and the authorities should be prepared to step in and do something no matter who the owners are.

According to the commenters on the original FB status, they have been trying for 14 months or so to get the authorities to do something about this particular man who owns this foal and the other horses/dog. It's honestly disgraceful. I don't know how they could possibly turn a blind eye to this kind of abuse and I hope now it's getting some traction and going viral, they won't be able to shirk their responsibilities to these animals any longer.

sprytzer

Visit site
Just came up on my facebook that RSPCA have been, seen and advised not to leave the bit in for too long!!! Really !!

alwaysbroke

Visit site
Words fail me, its about time the public saw tthe RSPCA for what they are, had dealings with them years ago, 2 ponies died while waiting for them to even attend

MargotC

Visit site
That is appalling.

Is there a law that can be used for a member of public to take action when the powers that be fail? Surely this is an emergency.

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
I've recently commented saying to involve World Horse Welfare.

RSPCA are a complete waste of space!! I'm still awaiting for a welfare officer to contact me to come out and that was six weeks ago I contacted them! Luckily World Horse Welfare sent one out within two days (ponies was at mine so not as bad) but RSPCA don't know this and yet still not a single phone call from them!!

If I wasn't so far away I' go get the poor little mite :( I'd happily give it a home if someone could meet me somewhere half way and swap him/her over into my box. Be better if it went further away then they couldn't go looking for it locally (although doubt they would).

p.s I don't recommend stealing horses or any animal but this little guy needs saving :(

Last edited:

gothdolly

Visit site
Its horrible to see evidence of such abuse and be totally powerless to stop it. I thought it was a foreign country too, that maybe it was a photo from The Brooke.

WelshD

Visit site
poor little chap, so sad

What this situation does show up on Facebook is the hysteria over needing to rescue ponies, people literally willing to go and pinch ponies in order to 'rescue' them, people willing to empty their bank accounts in to the pockets of the owners etc... some people these days just cant keep a level head

There was a situation a short while ago of a horse in a field, rugged and with ad lib hay but the field was muddy and had rubble in, not ideal but there were multiple signs that the horse was generally cared for and someone took it upon themselves to remove the horse at night convinced that they were rescuing it. the owner had to pay nearly a thousand pounds to get the horse back after the police took it off the 'rescuer'

The owners of many of these neglected looking horses know full well that posting a pic or advert of a horse with too heavy a rider, dirty with ill fitting tack etc will have people lining up to buy them without passports while well bred ponies from decent studs go unsold for less money

Last edited: