Heartbreaking :-(

RubysGold

Visit site
On Friday we had to have one of our border collies put to sleep. She had arthritis for a number of years but last week she stopped eating and drinking and lost most of the function in her legs. It was very quick, and we had to let her go. She was 14 so had a good life.

Yesterday I got home to find my other 14 year old laid out on the floor. I thought she was dead. She looked terrible. Her eyes were flickering all over the place and she couldn't move at all. Vet said she had had a stroke. Her limbs were cold and gums white. She thinks there may have been a bleed inside.

I cannot believe we lost them both so close together. They were both 14 and I guess angel just wanted to be with willow :-(

We still have our other 8 dogs but their beds look so empty :-(

I hope they are together now

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I'm sorry for your loss and am sure they are together now. I assume that they had been together all their lives, so do take some comfort from the fact that neither is missing the other.

Moobli

Visit site
It is heartbreaking to lose one, but to lose a second so close is double the heartbreak. Do take some comfort from the fact that it is very likely that Angel did want to be with Willow :( They were both beautiful dogs and lived to a good age. So sorry for your loss x

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
sorry you have lost 2 so quickly, i lost my lurcher in september and ended up crying today as i was dusting and saw her photo....its never easy but they had a long life and were loved to the end.....they are together now and pain free....