Heartbroken. My friend just died ?

NightStock

Visit site
Sending deepest sympathy to you all, it sounds like you have a good group around you, it is so lovely that you have all pulled together to ensure her beloved horse is safe. Look after yourself xx

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
My YO (who is a close friend) just called to tell me my friend (her horse and mine share a field), died in her sleep on Christmas Day. I’m beyond heartbroken. She was only 44, had just started a new job that she loved and had also started seeing a lovely guy recently. My dear friend had made arrangements to have her ashes scattered in our horses field. I offered to buy her horse however my lovely YO has offered to keep him on livery free of charge for the rest of his life. All the liveries of which there are a dozen of us have promised to take turns to groom, feed and exercise her dearly loved horse. I can’t stop crying. I’ve never lost a friend before like this and in all honesty I’m really struggling tp deal with it. I’ve been crying non stop for 5 hours. She was such a lovely soul, so kind, so bubbly and a one of a kind good person. I’ll miss her for sure. I’m feeling so very lost. I’ve not felt this sad in years. I just wish she was still here ?
Tragic - 44 no age. What a lovely Y/O you have there - free of charge ,that is really stepping up to help. Such a shock for everyone. Deepest sympathy at this horrid time.

Julie Ole Girl

Visit site
Just so sad for you, her horse will miss her too. Taken far too young, you need to grieve. Having lost a best friend suddenly who also died on her sleep, whilst it's 2 years now, I still can't believe she's gone.

Laurac13

Visit site
So very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend ? it will take a long time to come to terms with it. Sending you and her family virtual hugs x

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Only 44 and unexpected, on Christmas day? I don't really know how that could be much worse. So sorry ?

Lois Lame

Visit site
I am very sorry too. I have not worked out how to help you more at this stage. I think we need to allow grief to happen for a time, before we can get back onto the road of moving through the journey.

I'm in awe of you, the others at your yard, and the yard owner.

SOS

Visit site
I’m so sorry for your loss.

My OH lost a friend unexpectedly and suddenly earlier this year who was only very young. To say the next few months will be easy is not true. Take time, allow yourself to grieve but do not neglect yourself. Try not to feel guilt if you do have a good day or she isn’t constantly on your mind. She is in your heart and has shaped your life and that will never change.

At some point you will be able to reflect positively on the memories of her and remember to live your life as fully as possible. But all you need to do now is give yourself time. Are you still going to the yard to do your horse? I know for many people the yard is their peaceful place and it also may be where you feel closest to her, so it may be difficult. Consider having cover for the days that attending such an emotionally triggering place is too much. Just having to option may help make it less overwhelming.

I lost a key family member when young so unfortunately grief is something I have had to deal with. I saw this image a few years ago and it’s resonated with me. I shared the ball theory with my OH when he was struggling to see a way through without worrying without forgetting his friend.

1E004DF5-0F8A-423D-84DD-6F23F5FB1969.jpeg

honetpot

Visit site
A friend who I had not seen because of lockdown, died at the start of the month. I knew she was a lot older than me, but always seemed so young, so it was a shock. I have the best memories of her, and that is what you have to think about, those best memories, and the fact she was at home in bed. My dad died at home suddenly at home in bed, and that's my comfort, he wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
Once again thanks guys for all your messages of support, as they are very much appreciated. I found out some more details regarding her sudden death which I won’t post here to protect her memory, suffice to say although it wasn’t suicide, it was a shock to hear what actually happened. I spent all day yesterday at the yard. I must have groomed my horse for at least three hours which I did find very therapeutic and my boy was very appreciative of it judging from the lip wriggles he pulled throughout. My lovely friend and YO appeared at some point to provide lots of hugs and we both did shed a few tears together. Later on in the day the rest of our small livery ‘family’ arrived and we all spent the afternoon fondly remembering our dear friend. We did manage a few laughs too which I know our friend would have wanted and appreciated. Her lovely horse is being well taken care of and fussed over. My dear YO has even found a potential rider in the form of a teenage girl whose father just died recently. I know my late friend would approve as she was able to fund her horse due to an inheritance from her late father. Seems like Karma has managed to pay forward and help someone else. Out of bad things come good it seems.

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
An update. My late friend’s body has only just been released by the coroner after such a long time. As per her wishes a service is being held next week at the yard in a very beautiful spot under the gum trees. Her lovely mum was to then scatter her ashes. Sadly, her mum also passed away last week. Once again we’re all in shock. We will now be holding a joint service for them both. The YO’s OH had a bench seat commissioned in my friend’s memory which will be placed at the spot where we are holding the service. Her mum’s details will also now be added to it. Her much loved horse will be there with us too. The liveries have agreed to arrive early and take turns in grooming her horse and plaiting him up. Heartbreaking for my friend’s brother that has lost his sister and his mum in a short space of time.