Heartbroken to write this

ihatework

Visit site
It’s a horrid situation and completely heartbreaking. In time, I hope you can look back and be proud to have been the owner that truly put their horse first.

scats

Visit site
Thank you all.

She went quickly and peacefully, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a horse go down so fast, be so still and be gone so quickly. It was definitely the right time.

I am utterly beyond heartbroken. I don’t think I’ve ever loved anything like that before.

My world just won’t be the same without her.

Last edited:

Denbob

Visit site
Thank you all.

She went quickly and peacefully, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a horse go down so fast, be so still and be gone so quickly. It was definitely the right time.

I am utterly beyond heartbroken. I don’t think I’ve ever loved anything like that before.

My world just won’t be the same without her.

I'm glad for both of you that it was peaceful, and hope that can be of some comfort. Be kind to yourself <3

Surbie

Visit site
Am so sorry. I hope memories of her in better times will help you. You so did the right thing by her, and it was a very courageous decision to take. If and when the time comes, I hope I am that brave.

ponyparty

Visit site
So sorry to read this. You've done your best by her all along; what a lucky girl to have you as her owner. Can't make it any easier for you though.

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Caring, responsible owners make the right decision for a loved animal. A peaceful passing is a dignified end. Well done for being strong.

So sorry for your loss. X

Last edited:

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I'm so sorry Scats. How heartbreaking for you. Well done on being brave enough to make the call when she needed you to.

Nari

Visit site
I'm so sorry Scats. I know you won't be ok now, but believe me you will be as the days pass. Hang on in there & believe that she had everything she could ever have wished for xxx

I believe that when they go that quickly & peacefully it's because they were nearing their time anyway & all we are doing is easing their passing. You gave her the ultimate act of love by making it easy for her x

scats

Visit site
Thank you all for your kind words. I’m so glad that today is over.

Diva was, quite simply, one of a kind. She walked into my life just 4 years ago, and within five minutes I had this overwhelming feeling that this pony was going to be the most incredible thing to happen to me. Prior to getting her, I’d had so much bad luck with horses that I had lost my love for riding. She re-ignited that spark for riding, got me back out competing and fuelled my passion again. She was hilarious, beyond intelligent and more lovable than any pony I have ever met before. If she had been a human, we would have finished each others sentences.
Every decision I have made over the last 4 years has been for her and I would have moved heaven and earth if I thought I could have saved her, but we had all but run out of options and her quality of life was beginning to be compromised.

She was the most important thing in my world, which she was reminded of constantly. It really is no wonder she considered herself the most important person on the planet. But to me, she was.

My incredible Diva.
I miss her so very much.

Mrs B

Visit site
So very sorry. Love that photo the two of you! The right, selfless decision at the right time: no horse could ask for more.

Sleep well, Diva and gentle hugs to you, Scats x

southerncomfort

Visit site
Rotten news but no-one could have done more for her. I know you've tried absolutely everything and now you are doing the most brave and selfless thing and putting her welfare first.

So sorry for you and I will be thinking of you today.

xx

Donkeyslave

Visit site
It will be so hard for you for along time. You will never get over this but you will learn to live with it, I promise. You and she were so lucky to have found each other and enjoyed that special "oneness". You are doing the right thing albeit the hardest thing. I am thinking of you both. x