Heartbroken

Bradsmum

Visit site
So sorry, it must have been such a shock. Give yourself time and look after yourself. One day it will feel right to get another horse or you may decide to take a break, take the pressure off and just see how you feel and what comes along. Take care xx

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
So sorry MW it’s so hard to lose them especially when they’ve been such an anchor in your life. It’s something I’m dreading myself with my oldie, it can happen so quickly even when they’re outwardly doing well.

SheriffTruman

Visit site
Last week I lost my 25 year old horse, he’d been with me for 17 years. He’d been there through all the big changes in my life, marriage, babies, new jobs, husbands long working away stints, he’s was always a constant. He gave me constant love, some one to confide in, gave comfort and routine. I know I’ll never replace him, but I can’t imagine never having a horse to love.

I'm so sorry for you loss ?. Hang in there, and allow yourself to grieve. It's just so hard.

cblover

Visit site
I absolutely feel your pain, it’s a physical ache isn’t it. I’ve been through it 3 times in a few years, various heartbreaking situations but it does get better in time. You won’t feel it now, but in my experience it will ease. Be kind to yourself, take it easy and you’ll remember the happy times from over the years soon enough. Big hugs ?

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
I lost my stallion out of the blue at 12. He told me when I went to check him in the morning, gave me a whinny that he wouldn't normally have done. Alerted me instantly that something was wrong. 3 hours later he was dead from heart failure, grossly enlarged and thinned heart. I had had no idea anything was wrong with him. We were best mates, partners in fact and losing him was unbelievably hard. I remember someone at work saying 'cheer up, not the end of the world' and I could have flattened her, it was the end of my world at that time.
You will be feeling totally lost for quite a while but you will gradually come to terms with his loss and find another partner. I wish you all the best in the world.

Pegasus5531

Visit site
People who don't have animals will never understand the pain of losing them. They are family and closer to us than many humans, it's a huge loss in your life. Everyone is different but when my old boy was PTS 6 years ago I didn't want to even think about another horse for a while I felt that no other horse would compare and I wouldn't be able to bond properly. Eventually I felt ready to start looking for another but in the meantime rode for other people to get my horse fix. You'll know what feels right for you, make sure to let yourself grieve you have lost a part of your family xx

Spot_On03

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. I lost my boy over 10 years ago now, still makes me teary talking to my daughter about him, he was an incredible hard act to follow.... Just glad I have those memories of our time together.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Really sad to hear this OP, they can really get themselves deep into your heart. Im dreading this with my veteran who has been with me through so much and he's the last animal that my late dad knew so I know I'll be devastated as he's sort of a tie to my dad still, as strange as that sounds. Literally Im welling up even thinking about it. So I completely understand where you're coming from. x

Muddy_wellies

Visit site
Really sad to hear this OP, they can really get themselves deep into your heart. Im dreading this with my veteran who has been with me through so much and he's the last animal that my late dad knew so I know I'll be devastated as he's sort of a tie to my dad still, as strange as that sounds. Literally Im welling up even thinking about it. So I completely understand where you're coming from. x
I hope you have many more years together x