Heartwarming Story

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I ve just returned from the yard and just wanted to share without going into too many details a heartwarming story.

Eight years ago a family on my yard sold their daughters show jumping pony because daughter had outgrown and she was getting a new horse. New family said they would keep the pony forever. Daughter is now a graduate but still has the horse that replaced the pony on our yard. Roughly a month ago they heard/saw that the pony sold 8 years ago had been sold on and ended up at a dealer/livery stables currently in the news and under investigation. Pictures of emaciated pony were seen....the mum has moved heaven and earth and secured the pony (now in his twenties) and it was collected today (in terrible snow) and pony installed at our yard. Pony remembered the original owner and whinneys whenever he hears her voice he is settled - not in great shape - but it is a story with a happy ending and it was quite emotional standing with the owners and hearing about the pony s achievements when he was younger.

lelly

Visit site
How lovely. Such a shame this sort of thing happens. I hope he will have a very happy life now. I'm sure he will!

Ceriann

Visit site
That's a lovely story but it's stories like this that make me so reluctant to go through the thought process whether I should sell my mare. I won't bore everyone with the details and I know the chances on sale of her going somewhere horrible are small, but it's that small chance that means I'll do everything I can to keep her safe, and as she's only 6, I feel that has to be with me. That pony is so lucky to have previous owners who care so much.

ozpoz

Visit site
How horrible for the owners to know what had happened to him - heartbreaking. I'm so glad they managed to bring him back.