Heat bumps along spine?

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
I fully clipped out my cob a two days ago, but today is the first time he's done some proper work since. On untacking he's got a line of what look & feel heat bumps/rash along his spine, totally unbothered with me poking & prodding. He wasn't sweaty there at all but obviously he's got hot. Is there anything I can do to help them go down & prevent them happening again? He had a clean saddle pad on & been thoroughly cleaned. I took a photo but can't attach it!

Last edited:

Dufus

Visit site
Could it be bcuase he's been freshly clipped? was your numnah pulled right up in to the gullet of your saddle? you could try riding with no numnah and see if he still gets it incase he;s having a reaction to any washing powder you have used etc

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
Could it be bcuase he's been freshly clipped? was your numnah pulled right up in to the gullet of your saddle? you could try riding with no numnah and see if he still gets it incase he;s having a reaction to any washing powder you have used etc

He's never had it before even with being clipped so wondering if like you said the numnah had slid down from the gullet & caused it maybe. I only was my saddlecloths in water to don't think it's that either. I'll see if it's gone tomorrow & then keep an eye or ride without a cloth next time.