Heat pad for pony’s back.

Mari

Visit site
Pony had physio today & is uncomfortable in his back, off side behind saddle. She suggested using a heat pad (hot water bottle - we don’t have any) 2 - 3 times a day. We do have electric blankets so got me thinking. Surely someone makes / sells a battery operated / cordless heat pad, for heating car seat / bad back / pet bed. Something cheap as chips would be good I wouldn’t be surprised if there are heated hirse rugs out there but they won’t be in my price bracket.

nutjob

Visit site
I filled 3 x long socks with rice, microwaved them and draped them over my horses quarters when he had an SI issue.

SEL

Visit site
The epiony is great but if you're on a budget then hot water bottle (not too hot) in a towel. I saw someone take a cheap fleece rug and sew a pouch onto the back to slot a hot water bottle in. Genius idea except my needlework is not genius

fatponee

Visit site
Coming from an equine massage therapist, Epiony all the way. Different heat settings, a wrap and a surcingle to hold the pad on your horse depending on where you need to keep it, plus no risk of hot/warm water scalding your horse. Well worth the expense in my opinion.

Breather

Visit site
Pony had physio today & is uncomfortable in his back, off side behind saddle. She suggested using a heat pad (hot water bottle - we don’t have any) 2 - 3 times a day. We do have electric blankets so got me thinking. Surely someone makes / sells a battery operated / cordless heat pad, for heating car seat / bad back / pet bed. Something cheap as chips would be good I wouldn’t be surprised if there are heated hirse rugs out there but they won’t be in my price
Do you know what caused the soreness in his back?

Mari

Visit site
Thank you everyone. My husband googles everything & came up with the rice in socks technique. Meanwhile I remembered I had a heated gilet, battery operated, so I’ve used that & used big safety pins to attach to rug to keep in place. Problem solved.