Heated gloves

catembi

Visit site
Oh dear, it's that time of year! I really suffer with the cold, particularly my hands & feet, & was wondering about heated gloves. Has anyone tried them for riding? Several types are for motorbikes & need a USB...don't have have a USB outlet on my horse! They need to be not too bulky & with good grip...the only ones that I've found that are for riding are made from goatskin & I try very hard not to buy leather - strict vegetarian.

All ideas appreciated!

Jambarissa

Visit site
I bought dirt cheap heated gloves from ebay, they just have a 2" square heated pad in them so I took it out to use in my yard gloves.

They do need USB but you just use a powerbank. And obviously you have 2 thin wires to cope with but I wear a 2 in 1 type jacket so the wires go between the two layers.

Really, they're a faff and I only use when very cold but I'm thankful for them when I need them.

I have the insoles too. And an a4 size heat pad that I put on my back (which I wear pretty much all winter inside and out!). I hate the cold!

Visit site
I bulk buy disposable hand warmers. Thin pair of work riding gloves, fingerless gloves on top and the hand warmers popped jn between them in the palm of your hand. It keeps your hands toasty and doesn't impede you holding the reins. If you keep them warm they last for 10-12 hours!

SEL

Visit site
Can those disposable ones go in boots as well? I've got thermal socks but I really struggle with me feet.

It already feels like winter has gone on too long 😔

Visit site
Can those disposable ones go in boots as well? I've got thermal socks but I really struggle with me feet.

It already feels like winter has gone on too long 😔

You can get ones that are thinner and stick on your toes! They are an absolute godsend in winter! I even stuck a pair to the inside of the boob bit of my corset for the Xmas party last year 😂 it was -7 outside! 😂😂😂

I put them on top of my toes not underneath.

catembi

Visit site
Oh yes, I'm with you on that, SEL! We have had far too much winter already! It needs to be summer again pronto! Oh well, 'only' about 6 - 7 weeks or so til we can get the darkest day over with...

[153312]

Visit site
you can get heat pads for period pain/cramps that stick onto clothes. they last about 12hr. no good for hands but you can stick them inside vests/along your trouser legs or put inside shoes (if they're wide enough). It works quite well. Often discounted in the pharmacy bits of home stores like home bargains and b&m