Heave lines

Weezy

Visit site
Why? No coughing, no respiratory probs, no outward signs of ANYTHING untoward other than the horse being a little flat which I have put down to her being in season - anyone shed any light?

Weezy

Visit site
Considered that, but have made feeds sloppy and her water is being drunk
frown.gif
Mostly visible in a morning when I unrug and turn out - is worrying me
crazy.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Nope, they are obvious and are not constantly there
frown.gif
Going to give her another few days (and still going to take her SJ on Sun) and if it is continuing I will get the vet out
frown.gif

helpplease

Visit site
A friend's horse came in 'gulping' for air from the field tonight....i don't know much about heaving, but could this be it?

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
A friend's horse came in 'gulping' for air from the field tonight....i don't know much about heaving, but could this be it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like it, just very laboured breathing without exertion. Pony is now on medication for the first time ever.

Weezy

Visit site
I don't think so, if anything she is putting weight on! I think I am deffo going to have to get photographic evidence for help with this one (just watch, they will not reappear now!)

Tia

Visit site
I just mention this as my horse Jet does this every Spring. There is nothing wrong with him except weight fluctuation. He is fatter than normal over the winter, take the blankets off and he drops a bit and a heave line shows for a couple of weeks until the weight goes back on. Maybe it could work the other way around?? I don't know, I'm just speculating.

Lonesome_Dove

Visit site
My horse has the same thing, heave lines but is also not eating his hard feed, just grass, and is laying down a lot. Had vet out twice, given bute etc but no vast improvement at the moment, they thought it might be viral. Interestingly though, I think we have rape seed next door to us.