Heaves (ROA, COPD)

parsley

Visit site
My boy is improving on an inhaler at last and the vet said to start walking him once he has stopped heaving in rest. His still has a tiny lift at the end of each exhalation and I was wondering if this ever goes away? I don't want to start working him before he is ready but want to start getting him fitter to help with his breathing.

Thanks for any comments!

wizgirl

Visit site
my boy has really improved after severe bronshcits left him with issues with his breathing. He was on an inhaler for 18 months. He is now inhaler free and I have him on the global herbs breathing preparation. He is a bit off this week due to the funny weather and is on double global herbs stuff. However, he is 2000% better and usually back to normal against all the odds.

Don't loose hope, it just takes time and I had lots of days like you with my boy. However, you would not recgonise him now

I walked wiz gently on a daily basis around the block and increased it on good days, mainly the flat to begin with. Improving his fitness certainly helped in the long term

Good Luck

parsley

Visit site
Thanks for your reply - its nice to hear that they can get better
smile.gif