Heavy horse farrier Ashbourne/A515 corridor.

jojo5

Visit site
Am looking for a farrier for my draft (not the horse in my pic). My current frrier, who is experienced with Shires etc, is unwell and not able to come. We took shoes off in November with a view to putting them back on in the Spring - however, he has now become intermittently footsore in front so I would like to replace at least the fronts. He has very large, flat feet typical of a draft. Fingers crossed for recommendations - also enquiring with breed societies etc.

jojo5

Visit site
Thanks for your response - this may be the case, but sadly, I cannot see him footsore in this way, especially because he had serious colic in 2022 and I do need to be able to keep him moving properly and exercised.

hock

Visit site
I’m in the area and I use a guy called Aarron Matthew Dip Wcf. He comes to me from Wales and comes to me every 6 weeks on a Saturday AM. It normally takes about 3 hours to do mine but I’m sure if you messaged him on FB and could fit in with the schedule he’d be happy to help. I have heavies and pay £40 a trim so he’s expensive but I never worry about him not turning up, never late and always does a great job. Since I moved to the area I’d had awful trouble getting a good reliable farrier but now I don’t stress at all.

jojo5

Visit site
Hi Hock - thanks loads for this info! My farrier luckily recovered from being unwell and was eventually able to come for my boy, but if it’s ok I will keep the info about your farrier just in case! It’s amazing that he comes all the way from Wales so reliably!

hock

Visit site
Every 6th Saturday and always first call! He evens stop at Maccies and takes requests, we do have 10 done though lol. Glad you’re sorted it’s very very stressful when you’re struggling!