Heavy outdoor feed buckets

Dottie

Visit site
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
grin.gif

My horses live out mostly 24/7 and I'm looking for some heavy feed bowls that won't blow away in there field!! I have been googling a make called 'Fortiflex' as they seem ideal, but i can only find American websites.
confused.gif

I want something quite heavy so it can stay out in the field and i can just tip their food into it.

Does anyone have any ideas? I know a tyre will do the job, but i still think the bucket will blow away!!

Thank you- and Happy New Year!!
laugh.gif

PennyJ

Visit site
what about the ones made from old tyre rubber? They have enough weight in them not to blow away in strong winds at any rate and are pretty robust.

Otherwise I would have suggested the plastic bowls designed to fit inside an old car tyre as well.

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
rubber feed skips dont blow away and are virtually indestructable. clean well too and cheap! and nothing to catch their legs on! (or anything else!)

catshark88

Visit site
Avilly (near Ringwoo, Hants but may do mail order) do an outdoor feedbowl with a very wide base. Has completely stopped my NF youngsters being able to tip feed over! £15 but well worth it.

Enfys

Visit site
Rubber feed bowls work for me, heavy enough not to blow around, totally sfae, and best of all they don't split when frozen, if they fill with water and freeze then you just tip it up and pop the ice out. Mine have been frozen for 4 winters now and are still going strong.