Heavyweight` combo-and another question

PennywithHenry

Visit site
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good hw combo that's reasonably priced pretty please?

Many thanks
grin.gif

*New question*

I've found a Fal Bulldog pro combo but it's only a mw. I really wanted a Fal as they're pretty light, this new(ish) old lady of mine is bony and has a sore (fistula I think I was told?) wither. She's been prescribed an antibiotic cream and is currently being 'padded' in front and behind her withers to 'tent' the rugs off her. I was looking for a good heavyweight as it meant she *hopefully* woudn't be lugging so many layers around, as I think even when healed her withers will be delicate. With the Fal being so light do you think it would be ok teamed up with other rugs on cold days? Or would it still create a lot of weight?

hairymolly

Visit site
I am also a fan of Premier equine rugs have had a heavy weight which has been worn for two winters and its still in really good nick.

_April_

Visit site
QR

Good idea getting a full neck combo as it puts less pressure on the withers - I have a high withered TB and avoid standard necks for this reason.

I have a Premier Equine 450g Stormbuster which I rate really highly.
You would probably never need an underrug as it's so cosy - might be better having just one good rug as opposed to heavy layers.
They are on sale for £71.99 atm

stormbuster.jpg

The other rug I use which is slightly less grammage is the Weatherbeeta Orican Combo 300g.
This is the rug I use most of the time, saving the Premier Equine one for freezing days and it's never rubbed once.

290x1000_fitbox-orican_original_combo.jpg

vickybrennan

Visit site
With reference to the withers problem - i had the same thing with a previous horse and I found (due to her conformation) that she cound only wear rugs that finished halfway up her neck (like a wug?) or higher. This meant there was no seam or pressure over her withers. So the rugs posted above which need no under rugs might well be the answer for yours???

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
Have a look at the Mark Todd heavyweight. Great fit for my 2 TBs, lovely and warm, free movement. I chose this specifically for the fixed neck though as I can't stand detachable necks. 2nd winter wearing them, best rug I've ever bought.