Heiniger Clipper Blades

Templebar

Visit site
Hi everyone, not sure if this is a silly question but i bought the Heiniger Xplorer clippers, (i have only had the snap on blade clippers before) and they came with two sets of blades, one fine and one standard. When i went to my local merchants to buy a spare set of each to have as back up the standard set they only sell the 31/23 whereas i have the 31/15. I understand this is the number of teeth in each part comb and blade. But my question is do i have a miss-matched set the fine blades they sold were 31F/15 but the fine set i have are the same.

So do you think i have a miss-matched set?
Will this make a difference as i have already clipped with them and didn't notice a problem.
What about the number of teeth matters for future reference.

Attie

Visit site
I have these clippers and the 31F/15 blades ( Fine) - from what I understand the 31/15 and 31/23 clip the same (2-4 mm )
and are medium blades so i don't think it matters that the /23 have more teeth. they're called 'thoroughbred blades' but no idea if they're different in other ways as the clip length seems the same as the /15

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
The F just means it gives a smoother finish, the blades without F give a slightly rougher cut. Not rough as in will hurt the horse, just the look of the cut. TBH you won't really notice. I haven't got the Xplorer but something similar, same brand. My blades are 21 (big blade) and 23 (little blade), these are coarse/cattle blades. Shear Ease sell the Heiniger blades if you wanted to buy a set.

Templebar

Visit site
Sorry yes i know the ones with the F are fine and without are the standard, not that theres a huge difference. But i wanted to know does it matter if the standard 31 comb is used with a 15 blade or a 23 blade and do either of these make a difference.